WHERE ARE THE TREKKIES???

hayden

I don't consider myself a Trekkie though... Thats more a title for the real fans...

im finding it a bit hard to comprehend that you can wind up on a startrek forum but not be a trekkie!! what actually constitutes as being a ttrekkie... do you have to attend every convention within 150 km representing the house of gah'kor or can you just be a bit of a quite fanatic

any insights

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider myself a Trekkie though... Thats more a title for the real fans...

im finding it a bit hard to comprehend that you can wind up on a startrek forum but not be a trekkie!! what actually constitutes as being a ttrekkie... do you have to attend every convention within 150 km representing the house of gah'kor or can you just be a bit of a quite fanatic

any insights

probably best for a seperate topic to keep on-topic

but i have only been to one convention in my life - and yet i absolutly love Trek - i consider myself a Trekkie

Guest c4evap

USA here!

...but I don't know any others in my area... *sniff sniff*

Ah...to Trek alone...

c4 :(

out of the odd hundred people who have look at this thread only 25 managed to vote.. whrere is the commitment people' date=' where???[/quote']

Some people are just lurkers...

Well, actually, each time the same user opens the thread, it also counts as 'a view', so it might also be those 25 people who have opened the thread 5 times each or something like that. Probably it's somewhere in between though (lurkers <-> multiple viewings)

Well' date=' actually, each time the same user opens the thread, it also counts as 'a view', so it might also be those 25 people who have opened the thread 5 times each or something like that. Probably it's somewhere in between though (lurkers <-> multiple viewings)[/quote']

yeah i spose that does make sense.. u guys have any idea how many ppl actually come throough these treads?? bit off topic i know but still it does seem to be the same ppl turning up.

Well not everyone is a trekkie - that's why we've got Docotor Who, Stargate and Galactica forums as well so there are lots of people here - just not everyone Trekkies

And also - not everyone reads every thread :)

I'd like to qualify my participation in this poll. I do not consider myself a Trekkie or a Trekker or any nonsense like that. I'm just someone that happens to watch and enjoy Star Trek. I do not feel that warrants the usage of any particular moniker.

lol, wow.. i think thats the wrong topic to get mixed up in, oppinions and peronal preferences going every which way.

but still after looking at all of them it still hard to actually make a defining difference btween the two.. all i know is im from australia and trekkie is the term over here.

Guest c4evap

I used to argue Trekkie vs Trekker until someone pointed out that Trekker in Dutch (I think) means something akin to a hand "Jay Oh Bee"! - if you know what I mean - ;)

Ah...now I'm just a Trekkie...

c4 :D

haha, that is so true.. imagin going to a convention there and poeple are talking about trekkies and u come in out on the blind side screaming.... TREKKER..... TREKKER... the looks ahaha

I remember an interview with Kate Mulgrew and she said that a Trekker was someone who was actually following the show - and a Trekkie was just someone who watched every so often - or somthing like that so she obviously didn't know this :p