The worst science fiction show ever?

I recently aquired all three seasons of SeaQuest. After watching part of it, I was struck by the sudden realization that this must be one (of not the) worst science fiction show ever created. Almost nothing about it is good...well, alright, there is Stacy Haiduk of course:

6059haiduk.jpg

Mmm, come to daddy.

...but other than that, it's just one clichéd, overly sentimental and/or boring episode after another. It's amazing how a show like this could go on for three seasons while shows like Odyssey 5 or John Doe gets cancelled faster than I can say "soulless capitalists".

Besides SeaQuest, which science fiction shows were the worst?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPACE PRECINCT.

Seaquest wasn't very good though, that's for sure. The episode when they find a pyramid to Zeus that's 6 million years old and one of the crew is Zeus' girlfriend or something like that.

Or the stupid time travel episode.

I think Roy Schenider admitted that he basically did that show to pay for a new house (or something). They even had their own version of Wesley!

QUARK

starring Richard Benjamin and the Barnstable twins.

It was on in the late 1970's on NBC.

The story was about a space garbage truck and it's crew.

The Barnstable twins were the best part of the show.

They played a girl and her clone. Neither knew who was the original.

Guest c4evap

The Lost Saucer!

Jim Nabors and Ruth Buzzi on a spaceship.

Gak...gak...

c4 :thinking:

Guest c4evap
The Lost Saucer!

Jim Nabors and Ruth Buzzi on a spaceship.

Gak...gak...

c4 :thinking:

Thank god/dess I missed that one. Even worse than Galactica 80.

LOL. Another bad one: It's About Time. (1966) Comedy-scifi starring Imogene Coca!

Two astronauts, after breaking the speed of light, accidently travel back in time to prehistoric Earth. Unable to return, they make friends with the "natives".

c4 B)

MANTIS.

The pilot was great, the perfect start of a promising TV series. For the series itself, they reverted back to the same crappy, tired and cliched formula that has ruined may other superhero shows. In the finale, he got killed by a dinosaur. I expected better than the lame crap the hacks writing for it churned out.

Oh! Oh!

Team Knightrider. What better way to urinate over the memory of a classic 80s hit than to release a low-budget, low-imagination, obvious attempt to cash in with what amounted to the SUV squad. Except now the cars have ATTITUDE... and the drivers are pretty much all cretins and they fly around in a jumbo jet.

Guest c4evap
MANTIS.

The pilot was great, the perfect start of a promising TV series. For the series itself, they reverted back to the same crappy, tired and cliched formula that has ruined may other superhero shows. In the finale, he got killed by a dinosaur. I expected better than the lame crap the hacks writing for it churned out.

I agree. The pilot was great. The writers always mess things up by reducing these types of shows to live action (crappy) comic books.

Oh! Oh!

Team Knightrider. What better way to urinate over the memory of a classic 80s hit than to release a low-budget, low-imagination, obvious attempt to cash in with what amounted to the SUV squad. Except now the cars have ATTITUDE... and the drivers are pretty much all cretins and they fly around in a jumbo jet.

Yes. Bad show. I'd add the original Knightrider show as well. I'm sorry but "Hasslehack" just can't act. *BARF* They should have combined his two shows into one to save us the pain and called it (drum roll please) --> CAR WATCH. :p

c4 B)

Star Wars. I couldn't watch that for more than 10 minutes, totally disgusting :rolleyes:

And I happen to like Galactica 80 :D

I'm sorry but "Hasslehack" just can't act.

Nice for the eyes though ;)

The original Knighrider was a lot more passable though, because it was the 80s. The remake didn't have any of those excuses. Or the resale potential in Germany.

Does no one remember Space Precinct? It was made by the same fellah that did Thunderbirds.

Guest c4evap
Star Wars. I couldn't watch that for more than 10 minutes, totally disgusting :rolleyes:

And I happen to like Galactica 80 :D

I'm sorry but "Hasslehack" just can't act.

Nice for the eyes though ;)

If you like the "preppy" type. I'd prefer Chewie!

c4 :p

Guest c4evap

Well...if it's Hasselhoff or a steaming pile of puke...I'll take the puke!

hasselhoff211.JPG= Screaming%20Afterbirth-Puke%20Pile.jpg

chubaca02.jpg

But I'd still rather have Chewie!

c4 :cyclops: