Mestral

MrDad

hasnt that actor been in nearly all the new star trek series?

Voyager - the killing game - that german dude that was engaged to balana

DS9 - a cardassian i think at the end of season 6

ENT - reprised his role as the german dude in the first ep of seaon 4

just things i've noticed, anyone else noticed this dude anywhere else?

EDIT: yeah i forgot, voyager season 5 episode drone, hes the advanced drone made from the doctors mobile emitter

i had a look at wiki and memory alpha and that doesnt really even specualte. perhaps they've just left it open for us ponder on and lead us into a massive forum thread that is destined to engulf the universe. perhaps

How long do Vulcans live again?

Well i know that Tuvok was 110 years old during Voyager...

(108 by my calculations during season 3)

It seems that many Vulcans live well beyond 200 years...(?!?_

Spok was still around during TNG (although he was re-born thanks to the Genesis probe)

And Surek..well ..does anyone know how old he was when he died?

Guest c4evap

I heard he died from cramps (get it? Mestral Cramps!)

Gawd...I crack myself up :p

c4 ;)

Spock's dad was over 200 when he died - his condition was said to occur only over 200, from that, I think it's fair to say that 200 is their life expectancy.

Also - I think Spock would still have been alive and kicking in TNG, rebirth or not...

Vulcan blood is copper-based and is green when oxygenated in the arteries and is copper or rust colored when deoxygenated in the veins. In general, Vulcans are three times physically stronger than humans, and live three times as longâ€â€ÂSarek lived just over two centuries and it has been suggested that Vulcans have a life expectancy of at least 250 Earth years. A Vulcan of less than a century in age is still considered young. The strength of Vulcans is often attributed to Vulcan's gravity being significantly greater than Earth's. It has also been attributed to their superior mental discipline. Vulcans prefer higher temperatures than humans do. In the original series episode "The Deadly Years" when Spock was affected by rapid aging he noted how cold the ship seemed, and he responded by turning the temperature in his room up to well above 100 °F (38 °C). They are also able to breathe a much thinner atmosphere than humans, due to the atmospheric conditions on the planet Vulcan.

Thank you wikipedia

The thinking is that - as Vulcans have both psychic and superior physical abilities (of which Romulans have demonstrated none) it's down to discipline rather than any evolutioanry differences.

But then, seemingly every race in the alpha quadrant is superior to humanity. At least in terms of life expectancy.