Dear Or No Deal

Tenebrae

Damn, this game has been on the dutch television for at least an year.... together with the guess the word game, which consists out of the following...

An very stupid guy/girl... (Really these people can't spell their own names...LITERRALLY)

An very difficult word missing one letter... something like MICROW*VE... or C*MPUTER. Often spelled like MIECROUW*FE or K*MPOOTEER.

An expensive phone number you can call when you know the word.

After you have been selected (1:100) to give the answer, you can then choose between 400 boxes. When you select the tree correct boxes you will be granted 10000 euro's if you don't 4 euro's (just enought to pay for the call).

Welcome to stupidity, it's what drives mankind.

Every channel has one of their own of those word game shows. When they first showed up they were pretty hard, and most of the times you couldn't see what it was supposed to be. Now it's like you said:

"TEELVISOIN"

Wow, 99,99% of everyone watching got it right away. But that's not enough. Now the stupid host has to sit there and talk about the word for 15 minutes and give clues so that, even that retarded 0.01%, and people blind, deaf and dumb knows the word.

"Survivor" was actually "invented" by swedish television, but was called "Expedition Robinson". The first season broadcasted was actually not that bad. But nowadays my intestants want to escape my body everytime I happen to see a reality show on tv...

It's only "an" when it's before a word starting with a vowel... silent first letters, toss up. An hotel, a hotel... a always SOUNDS better and personally, I always prefers what sounds better.

Gameshows have rewarded idiots... I knew nothing was getting better. Mark my words, downhill since the decline of the British Empire.

Sounds like the original "Let's make a deal".

Choose a curtain... will you sell it? .. no?... you won...

a. A donkey

b. A neeeeww Car!!

The best part of this show was the costumes! You gotta love it! ;D

Yup pretty sure. British Empire sounds familiar, Portuguese or Spanish Empire doesnt sound very catchy :)

Never liked 'The Empire' myself, I was more of a Rebel/Smuggler! LOL

You don't know the power, of the British side!

*heavy breathing*

[blackadder mode] Weeell...Possibly!

I was merely commenting on the British Empire after the previous comments about 'Britain having an Empire?' I know the Spanish were a great power and had many sea battles with the British etc but I didnt study that too much way back then, and my TARDIS is busted!

On the contrary, I think these are quite exciting times (and in a scary way too). The changes Ive seen happen since I was born is amazing. What I find amazing is the rapid progress man made since the middle of the 19th century through the 20th. Someone once mentioned that the fastest form of normal transport in Christs' time (and before..but as a timeline I use year zero) was the horse. And right up to the mid 19th century the fastest form of normal transport was...The Horse. Then BAM, cars, trains, planes, rockets, all in such a short period of time compared to the 2000+ years wed been trotting round on bloody horses. Makes ya think! Now today we have such great tools as TV, Internet, Mobile frickin phones for goodness sake and the ability to talk instantly with someone on the other side of the planet, even with moving pictures of the person youre speaking with, astounding. A lot of us take technology in our stride (and for granted) as it seems to trickle out slowly and we get used to it, but when you step back and think, just 10-15 years ago, then 25-50 years ago, the things were doing now is just breath-taking. I was involved in a nasty car accident 7 years ago and had to go through a nasty blood clot on the brain removal operation and I was up on my feet within a few weeks, couldnt see that happening 50-100 years ago, not without some risk anyway, medical science is a miracle surely. Glad to live in a country where we get good (and free) health care.

Some people think living today is crazy and mad, ok it can be but you dont have to be part of the crazy stuff, its hard to avoid the crazy stuff what with it being on the news every day and its sad to see madness in other parts of the world and here at home, everywhere really but I for one am glad to be living today.

Im getting sidetracked again and waaaay off topic blah blah, its Friday night for sure! :)