Realisation of another MPAA hypocrisy

Tenebrae

I can go to staples today browse there paper selection and purchase a few sheets that resembles american currency' date=' go home and scan a couple (OLD Style) twenty dollar bills dirty them up a little and most people wouldnt be able to tell there fakes.[/quote'] easily done all that's needed is a cheap scanner this shits old news. the tricky part is circulating the notes so your not caught.

Im glad she's happy(c4) with the quality of her dvds but that alone(quality level) doesnt mean it's legit. I can also understand why someone like c4 doesnt want to send the set in for a once over because mpaa will probably sieze her dvds and give her nothing in return.

Oh yes. Good to know MPAA has a dvd checking department. I've been looking for some place to check the legitimacy of my dvds. I can't tell you how important such knowledge is to me.

What are you talking about? Why would anyone do what you suggest? Are you worried that a snobby dvd player may reject the dvd and spit it out exclaming "That's not legit! It tastes bad!"

I think counterfeiting takes a little more than a printer and a scanner. Believe it or not, the government realised that counterfeiting of currency could be an issue and put some failsafes in the system. There's a reason that counterfeiting is generally an elaborate process.

And yes, what's this about the legtimacy of c4evap's DVD? Why would she send them in for "once over"? Until the police come for her in the night, of course.

I think counterfeiting takes a little more than a printer and a scanner. Believe it or not, the government realised that counterfeiting of currency could be an issue and put some failsafes in the system. There's a reason that counterfeiting is generally an elaborate process.

And yes, what's this about the legtimacy of c4evap's DVD? Why would she send them in for "once over"? Until the police come for her in the night, of course.

I was just checking to see if c4 was actually stupid enough to send those "suspect dvds" in for a look see. No harm in tryin......would have been funny if she did :p

as for the counterfeiting proces/s I suppose a walk through with pictures is in order, i'll have to check on the legality of posting images of the finished product first and once the legalese is in order i'll make some fake money how does that sound ;)

Heh... that may work in the US, but it won't work up here in Canada. There are too many countermeasures in place.

The US really has to increase the ways of testing the legitamacy of their cash. You know, with blacklight glowing spots, special paper, microweave patterns, watermarks, holographic bits, rubbable ink, that sort of thing. It'd definitely save them what they lose in counterfeits in the long run.

Wait, you guys are telling me you can 'create' your own money in the US and it would not be noticable and they appearently don't do much about it. But they are on a whitch hunt for file-sharers.. :stare:

Talk about priorities.... :rolleyes:

Well the newer notes are tougher but since there's plenty of "old style" notes still in circulation printing up 20s arent much of a problem.

& yes we have an agency (secret service) that's primary job is to track bogus money so circulating them is somewhat of a problem.

Im sure Canada has a better security system in place, especially since they have alot more manpower since there neighbours to the south fight wars for them. If Canada was really smart they'd disband there military.

On that note, if all countries everywhere disbanded their militaries, we'd all have a lot more cash to spend on usefull things and a whole lot less trouble. (it could come in handy to increase the police forces by half the amount of the military forces and you could still save 75% of the money, since military is a lot more expensive than police)

• 1 month later...
c4evap can write - that probably means she has the requisite intellect to not be an idiot.

Wow! Don't know how I missed this post. Thank you Tenebrae! I do believe I am falling madly in love with you ;)

c4 :)

While stealing is bad, i hold no sympathy for the MPAA or RIAA, due to bootlegging, while actors and such are making 20 MILLION dollars a film, Over downloading from a torrent, or buying a boot legged DVD, i won't lose a night worth of sleep over it.

I doubt they'd be losing much money, if they weren't paying actors millions, instead of a realistic sum for their work.