Thread and pictures about North Korea

TetsuoShima

Hmww, I really wouldn't want to be off North Korean nationality and live there. Have a look at the following thread from another forum, browse through it. There are more pictures on all pages. What do you think?

Here is it.

Some samples:

_MG_0011.jpg

_MG_0458.jpg

_MG_0350.jpg

_MG_0509.jpg

_MG_0312.jpg

There are plenty more. :thinking:

North Korea is a truely wierd place. A country that claims to be communist and atheistic, and yet where the people worship (or are compelled to worship) what appears a dynastic succession with all the trappings of a monarchy. Certainly, when (I reckon its just a matter of time, albeit a bloody long time at this rate) North and South Korea reunite, there's gonna be a lotta resentment at the burden South Korea is going to have to shoulder, and probably a whole heap of cultural misunderstanding... MUCH worse than with East & West Germany - and there are STILL tensions in Germany between East & West with their economic differences etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey we should go in and liberate em........is what is probably on Bushs mind. Seriously though, thats sad to see people living like that in the 21st century. To think Russia was once like that under communism and we all know how that story ended, maybe theres hope for them yet.

Hey we should go in and liberate em........is what is probably on Bushs mind.

I think perhaps that the drive for change needs to come within a particular culture or society - I mean, thats exactly what happened with the former Soviet Union. Even Iran looked like it was moving towards democratic reform & a more open society before the "War on Terror" - which not surprisingly is being read by many muslims worldwide as a war on Islam. Left to its own devices, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Iran had ended up becoming an open and modern state all by itself. Now however, the Islamic government is using the resulting anti-american sentiment, and this resentment at a percieved US intrusion into their affairs as a way to hold on to populartity and power. With a little spin, it wouldn't have take much to change perceptions in Iran of their Islamic government from being seen as an oppressor (denying rights and so forth) into a protector of Islam and the persian people from the US and their allies.

I think that people have a natural desire to live with a protection of their basic rights and to have a say in how their society operates. If only we'd simply let such desires come to their natural fruition, rather than butting in with guns, bombs and uniforms all over the place.