Aeon Flux...seen it?

Guest c4evap

Guest c4evap

Just finished watching Aeon Flux (live action) movie. I had seen a few of the cartoons on MTV a few years ago (but didn't really follow the story line) and decided to check it out. Pretty good.

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!

I especially enjoyed the ending when the inhabitants of the (walled in) city discover they are clones. I must admit I didn't see that coming. The graphics were nice and the fight scenes were done well (IMHO). That woman who had hands where her feet should have been was too funny!

Comments?

EDIT: I also have Sound Of Thunder. Gonna check that one out this coming wed when I'm off.

c4 B)

Aeon Flux is nothing like the cartoons but it doesn't have to be. The action is great. The actors/actresses are keen to do their parts right enough. Charlize Theron is beautiful. The story makes sense. Movies need that.

Sound Of Thunder has been blasted as a terrible movie but I have to say that based on the short story... it's not really that bad.

The effects aren't terrible and the plot makes sense. See, movies do need that.

I love time travel/parallel worlds stories anyway. Even bad ones get a vote of confidence from me.

i enjoyed it, them under the skin comm things got me, the shooting gourds and the grass were good too, the fight scenes i agree with you c4, they were good and it is good to see strong female role models.

I thought that it was predictable tho but i do enjoy that kind of film. all in all it is probably the best sci-fi film of the last year. Which owes more to the level of cack that hollywood is producing of late than to any quality contained within the movie

marks out of 10 erm a solid 7 me thinks.

Guest c4evap
I love time travel/parallel worlds stories anyway. Even bad ones get a vote of confidence from me.

Oh me too! Time travel stories are the best. Can't get enough of them. Still haven't watched "Sound Of Thunder". Looking forward to it!

c4 B)

The original story was better. It even lead to a series of novels based on different realities mixing because of the butterfly dying.

Ray Bradbury Presents: Dinosaur World, written by other authors elaborating on the troubles of time travel.

• 2 weeks later...

I was terribly disappointed in Æon FLux. I also find Theron gorgeous to look at, and I also enjoyed the short cartoons. I was hoping for better action in the fight scenes, but other than the excellent use of the snipers in the final scene, we got more of the same crap: people firing a zillion bullets but hitting nothing; fight scenes closer to wire-fu than proper combat. And I had a hard time, without backstory, figuring how Æon managed to learn all these espionage techniques. She go to an Al Qaida camp, or something?

A pleasant 90 minutes, but I'll never watch it again.

6/10

Aeon was part of a revolutionary group that trained her in espionage tactics. Completely different life than she had originally when she was a wife in our modern world. I'll watch it again... several times but not for the story. For Charlize.

I like being a dirty old man... sometimes.

I strongly disliked it. It seems it unsuccessfully tried to mix elements of political/moral commentary, artsty fartsiness and a shallow the matrix'esque kind of action. It did neither of these things very well, resulting in a thoroughly bad movie.