Whats your favorite ship?

Commander Data

Defiant - the original.

It was really the first (and in many ways, only) proof the Star Trek of the TNG era weren't a bunch of jump suit wearing nancy boys who didn't have the stomach for a fight and built their ships to reflect that.

The orginal NX Defiant with cloak is ALMOST my favortite, but since it's got no comforts, I have to go with the Enterprise D. Why not E? The Enterprise D is

a.) more astheticly pleasing on the inside and outside

b.) has the up side of being able to separate the civilian facilities and personel from the main battlements.

and c.) The saucer separation is just cooler than the captain's Yacht debarking.

Akira class was created for the movie First Contact and was one of the earliest ships you could build in Star Trek Armada (not the only game to feature it but my first encounter).

The Defiant in TOS was a constitution class and was the one in the Enterprise episode. Episode was described as the follow-on from "The Tholian Web" and a prequel to "Mirror, Mirror".

Seeing as how this extends to all series and movies

1. Prometheus (VOY) - I only wished we could've seen more of this ship. Took the concept of saucer seperation and kicked it up a notch by using it as a battle advantage aka Multi-vector Assault Mode. An unusual design in that the saucer wasn't particularly curvy

1. Defiant (DS9, Anti-borg Prototype) - Not the first to break from the traditional design but certainly the first cool-looking ship for the Star Trek verse. Heavy-weapons, pulse-phasers, warship. Nuff said.

{That's not a mistake, I classify both ships as my number one}

3. Sovereign (movies 8 to 11?) - certainly a sleek design, multi-colored hull added a little flavour to the outside, big meaty impulse engines. Fabulous.

4. Nebula class (TNG, DS9 and even VOY) - what the Miranda class (e.g. USS Reliant) was to the Constitution class this was the equivalent to the Galaxy class. Hull and engines of a Galaxy with a 'science bridge' linking each nacelle. Underused in the shows but was a pretty kick-ass vehicle in Armada.

5. Tactical Fusion Cube (Armada 2) - Once you had one of these you pretty much unstoppable. 8 Tactical cubes fused together to make one giant cube. You could lay waste to an entire battlegroup and stroll effotlessly into the heart of enemy territory leaving devastation behind you. Let's see Janeway try and stop one of these bad boys.

EDIT - v I haven't played Armada 2 in about a year. Fixed the name.