Place your bets for Doomsday!* (possible spoilers)

maybrick

I don't think we'll see Davros again to be honest. I personally see the Time War as a device for RTD to to finish the 'continuity' of the old Doctor Who with invalidating it or this new version. He's brought back just enough elements to keep the old fans happy. Hence the no Time Lords either.

If we do see charaters like Davros (let's face it in this new version he's redundant - We've had the Emperor, God of all Daleks in his place), it'll will be when RTD and the writers begin to run out of ideas. Who aprt from the fans remembers Davros, or more importantly, his place in Dalek evolution.

I find it funny in some ways, in the old days of Doctor Who, fans complained about every Dalek story featuring their creator, now the series has returned and there have been 4 stories involving the Daleks without Davros, we all desperate to see him return.

Personally I would like to see Davros again, but at the moment the Daleks don't need him, Just look at at how in control, menacing, and for want of a better word - flippant ('This is not war, it's pest control') they are without him. As long as there is a Black Dalek the same calibre as the one we've seen, Davros is not needed.

Or perhaps he is.

There is one element missing from the new Doctor Who: Moriarty, the arch nemesis. So far we've seen monsters come and go and the Doctor has trounced the lot. He needs his Archenemy - Someone he can't beat by wearing 3D glasses and pulling a couple of levers.

But then who? The Master or Davros - either could have reasonably survived the Time War.

But I have the feeling we'll see neither of these 2 again and RTD will probably create a super-slitheen or something!!!!!

oh goodie, we get to keep the "I'm so lonely" storyline. Lots of angst and remorse over his mysterious past.

RTD will have to try this to keep viewers... :cyclops:

Season three/29:

#1 the doctor's new companion helps him find a planet of guilt-ridden long-lived traveling gypsy-like people and the doctor feels right at home. He refuses to leave. Martha wishes she'd never heard of him.

#2 the new companion steals the TARDIS and the series moves into a new direction with the doctor being a bit player. Fans write emails saying "about time".

#3 Martha explores the hidden rooms of the TARDIS and finds lots of TimeLords held in stasis. She's shocked. Lands in London 2012 for a pint or six.

#4 the TARDIS tells Martha it wants daddy so she has to go back and get the doctor. She has no clue how to feed or care for a TARDIS. Plus, she's spooked by all the "dead" TimeLords.

#5 the doctor admits to kidnapping all the other TimeLords so the Daleks couldn't kill them. then blowing up Gallifrey as a ruse to make the Daleks really pissed off at him. It worked.

#6 Martha replaces the doctor with a "saner" better looking TimeLord from those in stasis. who actually turns out to be the Master. uhoh

#7 the Master takes control of the TARDIS. Martha learns to be a good little servant with the help of an electronic brain implant. no stealing TARDIS now.

#8 the Daleks detect the TARDIS and chase the Master who decides his servant needs to be able to help more often. Removes implant. Martha has a headache. Could use a brew. Convinces Daleks to try a new nutrient fluid called Guinness. Daleks get plastered and fall into an event horizon.

#9 Martha removes the doctor from stasis. he's a bit miffed about getting stuffed into stasis. He puts her in for awhile. Then he wanders off talking to his TARDIS baby.

#10 the Master finds the doctor wandering through the TARDIS mumbling about Time Wars. Decides doc has gone wacky-doodle. Big fight scene. guess WHO wins.

#11 Rose is back. Piper's career was going downhill and she needed to rebuild her fan-base after several failed music singles. Dumb story about Mickey being a TimeLord in disguise. WHO knew?

#12 Rose discovers Martha. Gets jealous and pouty. Big fight scene. Meow. Meow. Purr. Wow.

#13 Finale: the ladies decide the doctor caused enough trouble and kick him out of the TARDIS control room. They get married and the show takes an entirely new direction. Tune in next season for the birth of the twins. Why do they like huge plaid woolen scarves? guess WHO's the mom?

of course this is just me having fun at RTD's expense. I'll even delete the post if no one laughs.

oh goodie, we get to keep the "I'm so lonely" storyline. Lots of angst and remorse over his mysterious past.

RTD will have to try this to keep viewers... :cyclops:

Season three/29:

#1 the doctor's new companion helps him find a planet of guilt-ridden long-lived traveling gypsy-like people and the doctor feels right at home. He refuses to leave. Martha wishes she'd never heard of him.

#2 the new companion steals the TARDIS and the series moves into a new direction with the doctor being a bit player. Fans write emails saying "about time".

#3 Martha explores the hidden rooms of the TARDIS and finds lots of TimeLords held in stasis. She's shocked. Lands in London 2012 for a pint or six.

#4 the TARDIS tells Martha it wants daddy so she has to go back and get the doctor. She has no clue how to feed or care for a TARDIS. Plus, she's spooked by all the "dead" TimeLords.

#5 the doctor admits to kidnapping all the other TimeLords so the Daleks couldn't kill them. then blowing up Gallifrey as a ruse to make the Daleks really pissed off at him. It worked.

#6 Martha replaces the doctor with a "saner" better looking TimeLord from those in stasis. who actually turns out to be the Master. uhoh

#7 the Master takes control of the TARDIS. Martha learns to be a good little servant with the help of an electronic brain implant. no stealing TARDIS now.

#8 the Daleks detect the TARDIS and chase the Master who decides his servant needs to be able to help more often. Removes implant. Martha has a headache. Could use a brew. Convinces Daleks to try a new nutrient fluid called Guinness. Daleks get plastered and fall into an event horizon.

#9 Martha removes the doctor from stasis. he's a bit miffed about getting stuffed into stasis. He puts her in for awhile. Then he wanders off talking to his TARDIS baby.

#10 the Master finds the doctor wandering through the TARDIS mumbling about Time Wars. Decides doc has gone wacky-doodle. Big fight scene. guess WHO wins.

#11 Rose is back. Piper's career was going downhill and she needed to rebuild her fan-base after several failed music singles. Dumb story about Mickey being a TimeLord in disguise. WHO knew?

#12 Rose discovers Martha. Gets jealous and pouty. Big fight scene. Meow. Meow. Purr. Wow.

#13 Finale: the ladies decide the doctor caused enough trouble and kick him out of the TARDIS control room. They get married and the show takes an entirely new direction. Tune in next season for the birth of the twins. Why do they like huge plaid woolen scarves? guess WHO's the mom?

of course this is just me having fun at RTD's expense. I'll even delete the post if no one laughs.

Har-de-har-har! There, I laughed. Now you must keep it. I particularly liked number 8 but seeing as how Daleks are already in a car (of sorts) they'd probably crash into an event horizon and start a fight with the black hole singing "Lady in Red".

That is what's missing though, the nemesis. It seems that we're in the 'everything works out as long you press the right buttons' phase for Who. What makes Who great is that it doesn't work out all right. Last years finale was about the consequences of his actions on Satellite 5 and the Time War itself - he screwed up and things got worse not better. He's like Superman without Lex Luthor - sure there are bad guys but they are small fries comapred to Lex. I liked Davros when he turned up. I never thought he turned up too often.

And finally someone told him to shut up.