STAR TREK XI

Antipodean

All of which undermines the Voyager episode of "Relativity", which supposedly shows that in the future - all of time/space is monitored... although, they never seem to fix anything... and of course, Daniels using Archer to fix time problems was... stupid. Why would you use someone SO pivotal to future events to try and fix them... not that the Temporal Cold War ever made sense. Or time travel in Trek as a whole... or even Trek as a whole, period.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think that B&B had some brain farts back then in order to find a story?

'what do we do?'

'time, travel, war, cold, oh that's it. we'll have a temporal cold war! the fans will be salivating for more.'

As you can see I was not much of a fan for the temporal cold war.

• 2 weeks later...

Scotty was a serious character so having a comedian playing him can work. Many comedic actors have played serious characters successfully. The idea I think behind this is so that the character is more lively and likeable.

As comparison I remember Trip being a serious character but still had some funny moments here and there. For this movie I think Scotty will be more light-heartened than some characters we've seen in the past.

Lol

LaForge had to be the one who's ship got blown up.

I can see what you say about the charactor being comedic. It's just Simon Pegg in particular I'm unsure of. Someone else in the role sure, but not him. He's already become too typecast in roles such as that of Shaun of the Dead for me to see him as anything else.

And on the subject of XI, has it been delayed until 09 now? I saw a post about somwhere, either on here or another forum. Apparently Paramount have rescheduled just about every release for the next year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

What's your reasoning there? George Lucas had 20 years to think about the Star Wars prequels and they were rancid abominations compared to even Return of the Jedi.

I was being polite Sir. I have many misgivings about this new trek movie not the least of which is the "creative" decision to just recast the TOS characters. The very idea that it could work makes me think Hollywood's decision-makers are smoking radioactive acid or something.

As for the star wars prequels, I would really welcome a topic where I can agree with all that you said in the post I quoted, BECAUSE IT"S ALLL TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! Watching those new movies is almost horrid without the great battles and special effects.

When I think of those movies I just want to load up Battlefront II and see them done right. I guess that makes me a member of the 501st.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but is anyone unsure of Simon Pegg playing Scotty? I know Scotty can be quite funny but I just can't see Simon Pegg playing him well, or taking him seriously after seeing him in such films as Hot Fuzz

Not only do I have misgivings.. I personally think it's an abomination, an Englishman playing a Scotsman? WFT... You may as well have a Palistinian playing a Jew.

Any other nationality, fair enough if they can pull it off.. but not a fuqing Englishman... I mean COME ON... SCOTty.. if they'd changed it to Limey (or soft southern b****d) maybe..:P.

(I don't particularly have anything against the English, it's just that there is too much history between us as a culture and country. it comes across too much like more mockery..not intentional I know but still..)

You may want to look on your shoulder, Carnifex. I believe you'll find a rather large chip on it. Unless you're going to say you're disgusted by Tennent as a very English Doctor Who, I'd stop trying to conceal your Anglophobia.

The decision to recast the TOS crew is presumably based on the notion that the last Star Trek revival was sparked by a film with those characters... so, maybe if they're used again... it'll bring back the magic... and when you've got the man that thought it was a great idea to combine the worst elements of American Godzilla and The Blair Witch Project, how can you FAIL?!

Tenebrae..a 'chip' would infer that my statement has no grounding in reality.

We've had this conversation before....

And as long as the English can object to them FINALLY having a Scots prime minister, then I can certainly object to this.

I was actually going to mention DT and his accent... but I didn't.... At least McCoy kept his accent.

The auld feud is alive and kicking... and not just perpetrated by Scots.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but is anyone unsure of Simon Pegg playing Scotty? I know Scotty can be quite funny but I just can't see Simon Pegg playing him well, or taking him seriously after seeing him in such films as Hot Fuzz

Not only do I have misgivings.. I personally think it's an abomination, an Englishman playing a Scotsman? WFT... You may as well have a Palistinian playing a Jew.

Any other nationality, fair enough if they can pull it off.. but not a fuqing Englishman... I mean COME ON... SCOTty.. if they'd changed it to Limey (or soft southern b****d) maybe..:P.

(I don't particularly have anything against the English, it's just that there is too much history between us as a culture and country. it comes across too much like more mockery..not intentional I know but still..)

scotty was played by a canadian for three years :) scots don't have dibs on scottish accents actually most scottish people speak so thick we canna understand what the hell they are saying

at least I can understand most english people