Kyle XY & Lightspeed

Guest c4evap

Guest c4evap

Did a search for an existing thread on this subject but found none soooooooooooo...

KYLE XY: I've watched the first 4 EPs and it's not too shabby a show. If you've seen John Doe than you already know the premise. The main difference is a younger cast (well, it is on the ABC Family network after all). Oh, and this guy has no belly button! It has "manufactured human" written all over it (LOL). Unlike John Doe, Kyle doesn't know everything but he is a fast learner. There are some really funny moments in that vein. Worth a look if you're as starved for scifi as I am and can stand the teen angst.

Stan Lee's - Lightspeed: What a terrible movie (I was going to say "WTF was the scifi channel thinking, but after watching their last few offerings it seemed redundant!). The acting was stinky and when I saw Lee Majors was in it, well...need I say more. It appeared as if they cobbled several movies together (IE: The Flash, M.A.N.T.I.S., Bibleman :p, etc). Don't waste your time.

c4 B)

I've been watching Kyle XY on regular ABC on Friday nights. "Manufactured human" or "Android" definitely seems appropriate.

My guess, he and the female found on the beach were both created to aid cybernetic computers systems and weren't supposed to "wake" up at all. The guy following Kyle is curious and mysterious. No clue if he's who let them out or is trying to find out who actually did it.

The teenage theme is definitely a bone thrown to the ABC Family channel. Kyle could have been any age at all.

Guest c4evap
The guy following Kyle is curious and mysterious. No clue if he's who let them out or is trying to find out who actually did it.

That guy you speak of played a baddie on the X-Files. I forget the name. He was mixed up in that "black oil" alien stuff EP arc.

c4 B)

Did a search for an existing thread on this subject but found none soooooooooooo...

KYLE XY: I've watched the first 4 EPs and it's not too shabby a show. If you've seen John Doe than you already know the premise. The main difference is a younger cast (well, it is on the ABC Family network after all). Oh, and this guy has no belly button! It has "manufactured human" written all over it (LOL). Unlike John Doe, Kyle doesn't know everything but he is a fast learner. There are some really funny moments in that vein. Worth a look if you're as starved for scifi as I am and can stand the teen angst.

I'll check it out.

Stan Lee's - Lightspeed: What a terrible movie (I was going to say "WTF was the scifi channel thinking, but after watching their last few offerings it seemed redundant!). The acting was stinky and when I saw Lee Majors was in it, well...need I say more. It appeared as if they cobbled several movies together (IE: The Flash, M.A.N.T.I.S., Bibleman :p, etc). Don't waste your time.

c4 B)

I watched it. I thought it was one of those lame B-grade filler movies they throw on late nights before the infomercials. Maybe it's time for Stan to retire?

Guest c4evap

c4 B)

I watched it. I thought it was one of those lame B-grade filler movies they throw on late nights before the infomercials. Maybe it's time for Stan to retire?

Yeah. Stan's been at it too long I suppose. When I first heard he had a movie on the Scifi channel I was excited. I settled down in front of my TV, started to watch and..............WTF?!? Felt like I was fishing and caught tripe! PU! Wadda stinker!

c4 :o

Guest c4evap

I thought of including it in this thread but after seeing the coming attractions I figured...why waste the space (at least his Lightspeed movie was worth a look, although it turned out to be a dog). It's just another in a long, boring line of so called reality TV shows. In other words...it looks really, really lame! I could forgive Stan for Lightspeed but not this tripe! Time for Stan to retire...

c4 B)

• 3 weeks later...

When I first saw the previews for Kyle XY, I thought, "Oh, that looks interesting. Maybe I'll give that a watch," then I totally forgot all about it. Next thing I know my parents (yes, my parents) are telling me about this new show they are watching and how good it is. Thankfully, ABC Family has the episode available to watch on their website. I watched the two episodes I had missed, and I've been watching since. I think it took about 4 or so episodes to get me hooked. I can't believe that next week is the season finale, but at least it has already been renewed for a second season.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really don't like Kyle XY. It the kind of weak modern "science fiction" that is so common nowadays. The kind of show that always seems to focus on the same, boring kind things. Which most often is clichés about family or "why can't I be a normal teenager" or somesuch.

• 5 months later...

Kyle XY 3rd Season started last night. Cliffhanger from end of Season 2 wasn't explained that well but we are dealing with improved human minds and bodies so Jessie almost had to survive. ;) The family now knows all about Kyle and his secret but the girlfriend he loves is left clueless. Weird. But fun. I still don't get why they have no belly button. Artificially created maybe, but they are basic mammal. Before they were big enough to fit in the pods, they had a womb somewhere. Still, I like the adventure....and the mom.

• 2 months later...