The Industry is your friend

MPAA1

btw thanks for all the warm welcomes

Today I was delivered a bootleg DVD set i purchased on ebay, it was so transparent it wasnt even funny, you could literally see the SCIFI channel logo and the aspect ratio was nuked. Immediately this was mailed off for further scrutiny, *keep in mind the mpaa in some cases will refund that money for aiding them in prosecution efforts* regardless these merchants are what really places the industry in the biggest peril. File sharing is not the same thing generally most sharers dwnld/upld and do it for free, however when you attempt to make massive profit off a tv show/movie im sorry you need to face legal action and the community as a whole needs to start reporting this instead of just asking for a refund from the merchant.

For once... I agree with you. It's those that make a profit by selling burned disks that are doing the damage. After all, those who pay for bootlegs are a lot closer to buying the genuine article than file sharers AND the salesmen are profiting off of someone else's stuff. If anyone should get money, it's the original artists... Mind you, I think that the people who actually made the shows should get at least some of the profits involved with what they make.

(... and maybe royalties for all scriptwriters? *nudge, nudge*)