Early Transformers Images

figment05

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen the new Transformers images, and if so what you think of them. There are links up at tfw2005.com, but you have to join.

Spoiler Alert Now if you want to be completely surprised:

Optimus Prime with giant orange flames. What? No, seriously. What? Bumblebee as a camaro? I don't mind that the characters look a little different when they're transformed, but lets keep some of the integrity. I don't even mind that they're messing with the story severely. but FLAMES? I don't understand.

Ah, Thank you vfn4i83. Sorry for not posting pictures the first time, it didn't even occur to me, I'm kind of new at this forum thing. I apologize for the misleading title.

But if anyone doesn't know, the semi is optimus, the yellow camaro/yellow robot is bumblebee, the scary helicopter is blackout, the scorpion is scorponok (sp) and the other giant robot I think may be megatron. In the car pictures, I think the pick up truck is ironhide and the humvee is ratchet, but that could be very wrong.

Guest Mrthumps

Yahoo movies recently posted the list of the Transformers that will be in the movie.

Here's the list for those who choose against clikcing on the link.

Autobots

Optimus Prime

Bumblebee

Jazz

Ratchet

Ironhide

Decepticons

Megatron

Starscream

Brawl

Bonecruhser

Barricade

Scorponok

Frenzy

Blackout

Kinda odd there's no soundwave or prowl or Skywarp but I guess they're saving them for the obvious sequel if the movie does well. Esepcially odd given that Frenzy is there and I have no clue how they can have Bonecrusher without the rest of the constructicons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure about this movie anymore, although the bots look ok, they don't look like The Transformer. They look too much like mechs.

It's like giving Superman blond hair, there are just some thing that if changed stop the character being itself.

Ah well at least Peter Cullen is doing the voice of OP.

What was to be sure of Carnifex? It's being directed by MICHAEL BAY. Director of such classics as The Rock! The Island! Bad Boys I&II! Armageddon AND PEARL HARBOUR!

Expecting anything from him is like expecting blood out of a stone.

Anyway, good to see Michael Bay's "vision" is right up there in trueness to the source material.

What was to be sure of Carnifex? It's being directed by MICHAEL BAY. Director of such classics as The Rock! The Island! Bad Boys I&II! Armageddon AND PEARL HARBOUR!

Expecting anything from him is like expecting blood out of a stone.

Anyway, good to see Michael Bay's "vision" is right up there in trueness to the source material.

Lol, yeah I understand he's vilified by the movie going public for his films. :)

I did seen the rock and thought it was really good, but I haven't seen the rest. However I have heard of Pearl Harbour..uuggg!

I had high hopes for the TF movie because I had seen what now turns out to be the fan cgi of OP and it was very like the 'toon except it was blue.

I really don't see how Bay could have gotten it more wrong. :(

• 2 weeks later...