Was Enterprise any good?

xtremeskiing

Whilst I was critial of ENT, the highlight of it was the xindi story arc which I did actually enjoy

Indeed, That was what really made Enterprise special to me.

funny, it was interesting but it was the worst part of the show to me. it screwed up the timeline more than anything else they did. darn time wars.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 12 years later...

Bit of a necro-post but didn't want to open another topic so...

--

So, I've been re-watching a lot of Trek the past few months. And even though there was so much malcontent about Enterprise back in the day. After watching it again, over a decade later, I have to say it's actually fairly well thought out, when compared to what came after, it's an absolute masterpiece. If we compare it to say, for example Discovery, it would be like comparing a swan to a turkey, or something like that.

I was never a fan of the 3rd season, I'm still not, but it's not quite as bad as I remembered, the 4th season has a lot of excellent episodes in it, the 1st was generally ok, the 2nd season was the poorest of the bunch imho.

For those of you who were ambiguous about Enterprise in the past, considering a lot of the other drab that's been released since, it might be worth revisiting, you might actually be pleasantly surprised.

Season 3 did have a couple of cringe worthy episodes/moments, but it was great to me. 

It was the first time since the dominion war that we had a proper story arc. 

When enterprise was first aired, I don’t actually think I watched it properly until season 2 - that’s when I felt they were making it more “Star Trek” and less something new and different. (Which always fails if you don’t look after the older fans too)

Minefield and Regeneration were awesome. Our first taste of the Romulans and Borg in one season!

Season 4 was definitely very strong. The mini-arcs, I loved. I wish they did this more before.