Dead

gjnave

Don't think, it's quite obviously not your strong suit, dear boy.

I got the expression right, or as dictionary.com lists it:

''8. cut off one's nose to spite one's face.''

sorry chap, but looks like you took it out of context, the english have a habbit

of using one, talking about themselves in the 3rd person, but in our original post

you replaced it with my, talking about your self in the 1st... thus not sounding right...

its just not cricket!!!

Guest Mrthumps

I agree with others that right now the fact that there is little to no sci-fi on tv has probably put a dent into things.

In the past few years there's usually been at leats a star trek show running at the same time we get our Dr.who, stargates, Battlestar Galactica and so forth. Without any real "on-going" show things are bound to slow down. Maybe BSG starting up tonight will help get some chatter going.

Sci-fi channel's weird scheduling isn't helping matters with these "season intermissions" and non-sense just so they could put on more wrestling.

As well, I think it's really sad if you stop posting because your avatar size is limited or that fact the you prefer not to see them. Sometimes, I think people take things on the internet way too seriously for their own good.

Sci-fi doing wrestling (as well as horror) just shows what a laughable moniker it has chosen.

One can only hope that in the years to come there will be born unto a channel who honours the name...

SciFi has been, kinda going downhill for a while. They keep the name "SciFi" which should mean, science fiction. Yet each year they show more fantasy stuff like Earthsea and more cheesy horror like Masticore. At least their cheesey scifi like Mansquito are science fiction in their roots.

That and I wish they played more of their mini series stuff more often. Both Dune mini series, Taken, The Triangle, The Beast, etc

It really fits what I've been talking about to some friends of mine... we're in a romantic phase, in the historical sense of romanticism. Science seems to be turning into a dirty word... and science fiction is getting discarded in favor of fantasy.

A quote from Jackie Tyler in 'Army of Ghosts' sums it up... "You're always doin' this, reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?"

People are pooh-poohing science, and sci-fi as well.

Fantasy is just scifi for people that feel more comfortable with religious style storytelling than actually attempting to find out how things work. I can appreciate the desire for traditional storytelling but really, they need to just grow up.