Star Trek HDTV Commercial

LoveTrek001

I just saw it. It uses Star Trek 6 and Shatner talks about HDTV and it is cool. I love these commercials. The take a popular film and redo it with the same actors to make it about HDTV.

In this one it is at the point in Star Trek 6 where the Klingon ship has arrived and Shatner is talking about how clear and good the ship looks with their new HDTV viewscreen lol. The he walks up past Spock and says one of spocks lines and enters the turbolift and as the doors are closing he says "what I can't use that line?" refering to the Spock line he took as he passes him on the bridge. lol They do a good job making it look like it is actually part of the movie. If I can find a link on the internet then I'll post.

umm yea.... It is highly doubtful that they went back in time to 1991 and made Shatner look older and make him talk about HDTV. Digital manipulation is a given. I had assumed that everyone would know that. But, thanks for pointing it out for thoes who may not know.

umm yea.... It is highly doubtful that they went back in time to 1991 and made Shatner look older and make him talk about HDTV. Digital manipulation is a given. I had assumed that everyone would know that. But, thanks for pointing it out for thoes who may not know.

Well I was talking about the other crew, not Shatner as Captain Kirk. Obviously since he's spouting off about technology that didn't really exist in 1991, it's a given that he's current day Shatner. I was just saying if no one else noticed, the other cast are just the scene from the movie, digitally layed behind Kirk while he does his commerical.

• 2 weeks later...

A great way to bring Shatner back............but then again I think a running machine and a years subscription to the gym would be more cost effective that re-animating his gut.

Arrrrrrrr.........I`m not being nice, but a few gentle walks would help!