Why we like sci-fi

ZaphodiLe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I live in California so I reject any theories involving my home state falling into the ocean. As for the rest of them, well . . . I hope something similar to the Shadowrun situation comes to be. I wouldn't mind that so much.

Considering how many people believe that tripe though, I'm going to pretend that on 11:11:11 AM on December 21, 2012, I'll somehow magically get superpowers of some kind. That logic works well enough for me.

I'd settle for a Dalek under Utah, though.

Don't sweat it. Time travel also gives Janeway headaches too.

probably because she will never get any younger.

Do you just dislike Janeway or old people in general?  :p

[me=Amnot Borg]is 42, 43 very soon. getting older is just part of the cycle of life.[/me]

Time travel would be interesting but a headache for me also.

• 2 months later...

Regarding to the Janeway "haters", I must confess I dislike her the first time I saw her, well I found the standard boring trek show, when I first start to see the show...(STVOY) A naggy woman giving orders with an elaborated dresshair, but after that i became to appreciate that lady captain... in the real life is not so common to find women like her (like captain janeway with character intelligence, warrior, pretty but with power, cult, etc) young reckless cadets dont want to receive orders from anyone ;) like those foolish with nog in that episode where they attack the big jem'ha'dar ship and all get killed because of the stupid "mr cool" yes sir!

After we were already used to watch captain picard, seen a woman in the big chair was not confortable change... I admit I don't like extreme femenism postures but either extreme japanese maleism "don't show me your the pelvis woman"  :D, maybe you don't like old people, maybe there are many gay fans of startrek out-there, and I for saying this I assure you that doesn't I want to be included or am I in a pasive way that's ridiculous too, i prefer to destroy the star-trek universe bombarding with omega bombs everywhere than  becoming a "double girl with ballz", I prefer a cardassian trial than that ok?  hahaha..., but maybe many fans  are so young that they don't like to see death or the un-pleasant un beauty of aged ppl... but when it comes to alien races they could be completely horrible and awful and disgusting :)

Even I that understand age process in a more relativity-einstein way, have to admit that everyone loves the beatiful ppl (that gay was a deception to rock fans with clear manhood vision, indeed, am fine with my non functional little male tits...that's disgusting... selling the soul like a bitch for money or fame but I understand also how degeneration equalizes even the most arrogant or skeptic people... poor manson is really begging for what only hell can give to him uncounciosly his freedom of himself one day...) 

I like sci-fi because it gives you some perspectives or points to start, if you actually compare the "real thing" you found it always absurd, and I refering to the realism of universe... not to materialistic science theories... or canons... but beyond... this world concept of official accepted science term... love always seeks for beauty is in love with her... can't be otherwise... the perfect contains beauty, beauty is aeternal or non corruptible or non perrishable is od-jective (ob-od-sub are different things to describe the misunderstood word "objectivity")

physical beauty pass or it is subject to processes of degeneration or regeneration of the body, but ageing in time  dimension??? that's a totally diferent thing... we are all condemned to death... all pass... but inmortality and resurrection are words that comes always after death :) but certainly is not for all narcisus of their selves ;) aroun there... more coffe ensign "weasley lover" ???  lol ;D so u nou what i mean... don't get  confuse, I like variety but mixin all up ... that different ... I'll pass... :)   

why do I like Sci-Fi

simple, its far better than the rest of the rubbish on TV, as I hate Soaps with a vengence!

Also I like the fact that the writers have to be far more imaginative with the story lines instead of watching whos bonking who, agruements with the other cast members and local scandals so common in soaps.  Aint live bad enough at times without watching it day in day out on TV as well!!

Then there is the crap of all theses reality shows, damn its all over TV, you have wanna be pop stars, dancing wannabes, ice dancing wannabes, Big Brother rubbish (only good one was actually the one in Dr Who episode Bad Wolf) and all the other ones I cant remember!

Its no wonder we like Sci-Fi so much! always have, always will :)

• 4 weeks later...