Should mirror Kirk be on STXI?

Soval

Yeah that's the story so far, Tenebrae

But i don't think a mirror kirk is needed. If it were needed they really couldn't ask Shatner to play it - not unless they want so kind of major temporal shift between normal and mirror universes.

As for Kirk in general - he's had his time - get some new characters in.

I think we ought to give poor Shatner/Kirk a much deserved rest. He really is getting too old for another movie. It's time for new characters and directions (IMHO).

c4 B)

Here, here - or is it hear, hear? I always forget.

Kirk may have only managed 79 episodes against the usual 150 or so that TNG, DS9 and VOY managed but he got... seven films but still, he's been the stud and saviour of the Alpha Quadrant for an awful long time. Let the old guy retire to the ribbon where he can seduce women every colour of the rainbow until the universe implodes.

MATT DAMON!

Have you seen the new directTV commercial with Shatner playing Kirk? He looks pretty good in that commercial. I think he still has a little Kirk left in him. He's done so much over the past few years and seems willing to play Kirk again.

He's too old!

He could maybe play kirk as a very small role but he's passed his time (long ago)

Yeah, if I saw the corpulent contemporary Shatner on the Big Screen for ST XI, I just wouldn't be able to help myself - I'd just have to say it out loud:

Denny Crane!

clickercrane.jpg

If you get that - then you just don't watch enough Boston Legal, which really is your misfortune! :p

Shatners's log, stardate 9522.6:

I've never trusted Klingons, and I never will. I could never forgive Berman for the death my character. It seams my attempts to return to Star Trek are problematic at best. Spock says this could be an historic occasion, and I'd like to believe him, but how on earth can history get past people like me?

Have you seen the new directTV commercial with Shatner playing Kirk? He looks pretty good in that commercial. I think he still has a little Kirk left in him. He's done so much over the past few years and seems willing to play Kirk again.

There are plenty of women walking around with "a little Kirk" left in them too...

Moi bad... ;)

c4 B)

There are plenty of women walking around with "a little Kirk" left in them too...

Moi bad... ;)

c4 B)

ewww.....

Family Friendly! :cyclops:

But i agree that Shatner still clearly has a lot left to offer as far as acting roles are concerned but Kirk died on Veridian III

See 'Shatnerverse' series of novels to hear of Kirk's wondeful second life. Or not' date=' if you plan to sort out your life and one day meet women that are willing to let you touch them.[/quote']

I'm sorry but I don't understand, what does that have to do with Shatner playing Kirk in ST:XI?

As for the above post with c4evap, how can women have a little Kirk left in them? I'm sorry I don't understand what you meant there.

cheers!

See 'Shatnerverse' series of novels to hear of Kirk's wondeful second life. Or not' date=' if you plan to sort out your life and one day meet women that are willing to let you touch them.[/quote']

I'm sorry but I don't understand, what does that have to do with Shatner playing Kirk in ST:XI?

Well mirror universe kirk is similar to what Slug is describing (I think)

As for the above post with c4evap' date=' how can women have a little Kirk left in them? I'm sorry I don't understand what you meant there.[/quote']

And you don't want to know.

Not unless posting rules are going to be abused here ;)

I think this dude might actually be a Vulcan. You can tell, because he has used his Vulcan cunning and not put 'Vulcan' as his location in his profile, to maintain secrecy. Maybe he was that one that decided to stay here when that Vulcan ship crashed on Earth in the fifties.

Welcome to Paradise City.

SNIPPET:

As for the above post with c4evap, how can women have a little Kirk left in them? I'm sorry I don't understand what you meant there.

cheers!

Oh man oh man! You don't get it??? You're j/k of course?!? ROTFLMFAO!

c4 cyclops.gif