first person shooter thread

Soval

lol maybe better but still has alot further to go to make it a classic

Agreed like being able to use Jedis without them expiring (in Story Mode only, online the expiration is fair) or inside zones on ships that don't consist of just 3 rooms on space battles maps.

That was the biggest letdown for SW:Battlefront 2 for me. When they said 'you'll be able to go inside ships and help epople on the outside take down defenses faster I thought they'd be huge maps like in Episode 3 where Obi and Ani travel through the ship in order to reach the chancellor but inside we get three rooms each one connected to the central room and the hanger which only gives you two options - shoot the stuff outside or try and shoot it inside. No real 'Epic' feel which makes the movies so great - the scale of the battles.

What I would like to see, especially given the X360 can render hundreds of opponents at once, is the kind of battles seen in the movies where they really do fight on multiple fronts instead of several pre-defined pathways (despite number 2 making them less obvious). So that on a space battle you feel like you're in a space-shooter but inside it's more like a FPS or 3PS or even an action RPG.

I find with games that usually the third game is the train-wreck although this only happens 50% of the time. The Jak Trilogy, Ratchet and Clank both had a good series cause they kept a simialr standard, mainly involving keeping the same level of graphics throughout. Turok was ruined by number 3 because it went all super-high-res and the plotline became a little too confusing/pretencious to follow.

Also a good thing to note is that Aliens vs Predator actually went from okay to perfect from number 1 to 2 and was one of the most fun to play. There were times I got so deeply involved in AvP 2 that I actually felt my heartbeat and was running for MY life. The first one was made by a different developer, the second was by Sierra and the changes they brought were amazing.

I would definitely agree that Battlefront II has some issues when it comes to jedi battles but I was pretty impressed by the idea of taking off in a fighter, breaking into an enemy ship and causing havoc. You are right though that the interior of the ships could have been bigger.

The jedi action left much to be desired in my opinion. They responded to commands sluggishly and too much like game consoles, and not enough like FPS games. I would have liked playing the jedi battles from the movies in the game because the jedi were beautifully rendered in really nice graphics thanks to the advanced game engine. I know it may be obsolete now but for the purposes of star wars it was good.

• 2 weeks later...