Star Wars question

Guest c4evap

The whole life and death force power is something that really confuses me...........why would a jedi on the light side want to learn the power of life after death..........after all a Jedi is selfless......only a Sith is inward thinking, so much so they would seek a way to preserve their own life.

If what Lucas said about Plagus was true.....why didnt Palpatine save himself at the end after all he was stronger with the force than Yoda and his master was Plagus?

I think the sad truth of he force field' thing was just another way to bring back Obi Wan and develop the story.........because even though Lucas had 'suppossidly' written all the Star Wars films at the same time I dont think he predicted the huge success of the first film and the fact that there would be a second.

I think Lucas came up with the idea of Star Wars at the same time (6 episodes... actually, 9 originally) but he didn't write the actual scripts. I think Episode 1 was originally going to be called the "Adventures of Mace Windu". The mistake Lucas made was writing the scripts himself. He's not a gifted writer... or director... actually, he's only really good at stealing other people's ideas and kind of changing them - that and selling out.

To be honest, the Darth Plagus thing sounded as if it was going to be beneficial to either Sith or Jedi... especially as it kind of a life saving thing. As to Palpatine... well, it seems implied it was only to save others - given the fate of his master.

Plus, expanded universe he put up a fight before dying.

• 1 month later...

Myself I prefered the original scene. Notice how old Anakin was actually happy and smiling unlike Hayden Christensen's infamous Frankenstein look?

They actually sold the original pre-special edition original trilogy back in the fall and I must admit it is great! For computer users that is, the quality is laserdisc only and it has this weird smudge on the left hand side. Otherwise this DVD collection is great for viewers. (looks best on computer though).

The episode III novel has Palpatine reveal a dark secret about the Plagus guy story. I won't tell you what it was because it would spoil it. You must read it to see. (Sorry)