CS:Source Updates

S0V13T

As TFMF has slipped in recentelly in another thread, I finally got off my duff and fixed the Counter-Strike: Source server.

It was offline for a long while, due to the fact that the server software is constantally being updated, and whenever that happens, and the server admin dosen't update, the clients  become incompatable. This has been corrected, and should run smoothly as long as the server gets restarted (as it autoupdates when it boots) every couple of days.

Since I am only one man, and I have a lot of other projects and personal issues to attend to, I have recruited a couple of guys to help out with supervising everything, so that this dosen't happen again.

TFMF, Mad_Martha and myself will all be the ingame admins, and TFMF and I will also see to installing mods, keeping the server up to date, and all that other dull behind the scenes things that no one else likes doing.

You'll also notice a new module in the side bar in the forums, detailing the information relating to the gaming server. As new servers are added (new servers will be released at some point in time,  probabally before Duke Nukem Forever is released) this module will be updated aquardingly as well as the Gaming home page.

Again, if anyone reading this runs their own game server and would like to spread the news, please do drop me a line.

Nice one I for sure will pop on more now its back up and running,  with the size of the membership of this forum you should have a busy server as time goes on hopefully ....who knows even a nite clan lol

anyway seeing as you was asking about other servers, the clan I am a member in for cod 2 has 3 servers (down at the moment lol)

Theses are

CALL OF DUTY 2 : S & D,

CALL OF DUTY 2 : MERCILESS MOD 

CALL OF DUTY UNITED OFFENSIVE : GERMAN FRONT MOD

You can find out more about our servers here : http://www.aeon-flux.co.uk/ 

we do run a limit on the pings so the game does not lag as well

TFMF by playing on the server your helping sov as it will show that we are appreciating him updating the server[br]Posted on: January 06, 2007, 02:47:00 AM

ther wasnt a bad turn out lastnight on the server

SOV

TFMF

MM

NEOMASTER

+ GUESTS

but be great to get more off the forum on the server and make it popular

We also have Vektram on quite a lot. Last night we had quite a lot of randomers (or people who aren't well known on the forum)

Good fun :)

Yeah, I really enjoy having a server that's mostly people I know. I would be willing to help out with stuff if needed, as I feel like a freeloader haha  ;)

your helping sov

To save him the trouble, it's a zero.  :P

went to kick some a##e lastnight but was empty..oh well, also whats happened to the stats?

The stats were inaccurate , having "left over" errors from when they weren't working correctly.

It was decided to wipe them back to zero and make a fresh start.

As for the server being empty - bad timing - Last night saw the start of "new" map testing - we're hoping to expand the map rotation with more , good quality , maps.

We (meaning myself , S0V13T , and TFMF) have already given the "thumbs up" to a couple of new maps , and are currently testing more.

There will be a map-pack available to download in the near future - failing that , if you don't have a map , your client will automatically download it inside the game itself if/when it comes around in the rotation.

[MM]