Community Service

TFMF

This is all well and good, but what do I have to do to get some serious negatives (if this is really a game)!

Please realise, however, that this is predicated on the assumption I'm not interested in flaming people, uploading copyrighted materials or posting completely stupid things - just mildly stupid ones like this.  :)

My point...  (I have one?)

I guess, really, it isn't so much the rating that's important as the comments.  If we have fun with this, the ratings per se don't matter, but if we're getting negatives for being unsociable (Community Disservice?) That's when the points really DO matter.

But let's face it, people, all everyone will look at is the points.

Most members will give out negative Q'ness points anyway for posts that they don't agree with or are perhaps nonsense-posts.

I am simply offering to give out positive Q'ness to members who do more and help out the community.

If you'd like, i could add a Community Disservice list for those interested? ;)

Most members will give out negative Q'ness points anyway for posts that they don't agree with or are perhaps nonsense-posts.

If you'd like, i could add a Community Disservice list for those interested? ;)

Oh, that people will give out negatives in those situations is a given.  But it's much more fun to give +ives & -ives for whimsical reasons as well.  Problem with that is some people will take it too seriously if, for example, they are -ived for making a post with 2 'Q's in it.

Actually, a Community Disservice list was a semi-serious suggestion.  OK, obvious breaches of board etiquette don't need to be restated per se, but yeah.  Things like ridiculously big avatars, or sigs.

• 2 weeks later...

PS gather, I will post a neg Q point for every + Q point you give... ;)

erm, that should be "give me"

And if I give you a -ive instead?  :)

Geez you try to help a guy out and what does it get you???

::) :P