New default skin

The forum is now using a new default skin.  This skin is more polished, and is easier to read.  We have not yet replaced the logo, but that is in the works.

You'll notice some buttons above the logo.  They work as follows:

H: Toggles the header (Everything between the logo and the menu)

L: Toggles the left side bar

800px | 96% | 90%: Sets the forum width.  Currently the menu is too wide for the 800px option to work quite right.

You can change your theme back to the old one, or a few others, using the Theme switcher on the left side bar.

As soon as i get home from school i'll upload the banner :)

(Which is 10x better than the old one ;) )

Also - if you'd prefer to use the old skin, you can select it via the Theme selector on the left. Scroll down to find it and select Tiger Eye

The main problem with the Azure theme is the light backgrounds in posts and forums. It should be easy to make them appear darker.

As for the marble background in the Tiger Eye theme - that might be possible, although i will admit, i never saw it  as a problem.

I just thought it might be interesting to also try and make the message boxes a little transparent, if that can be done without sacrificing readability. And have some sort of ready room type image for the background that remains static, not moving when scrolling.

The beauty is that anybody can choose the theme they like best, so maybe in the future another theme gets uploaded that you may even like better that the one you've got selected at the moment.

Though I doubt the default selected skin will change in the near future, apart from some small changes/fixes to that very theme... "Azure"

Fully working themes are now:

- Azure

- SFM Default

- Tiger Eye

;)

Babylon theam ?

its on the theams list

Not 'fully working', you'll miss some features when using that theme.

(though the basics are present, you won't get locked out).

To get access to all features easily, you'll need to use a 'fully working' skin, currently the ones in the list above are available as such.

The banner is up. It will likely go through some modifications untill it is perfect. Also the quote you see in the right corner will eventually cycle through several different quotes from different shows depending on which page you are on (But that isn't set up yet)

Comments and feedback on the banner would be much appreciated :)

The banner is up. It will likely go through some modifications untill it is perfect. Also the quote you see in the right corner will eventually cycle through several different quotes from different shows depending on which page you are on (But that isn't set up yet).

My only real gripe is that right now it has a Star Trek quote sitting between the Galactica and Dr. Who vehicles.  Other than that, I like it.

Yep, the skin setting on the sidebar is remembered through cookies. It's likely though that the cookie looses its content when you log out. So you have to set it again. That's expected behaviour for this switchbox. I don't know why the TP guys decided to put it in the cookie instead of in the database (if it were in the database, it would be remembered between logins), they must have had some usability reason for it, since programming it is probably no more difficult than doing it with a cookie.