YaY for new theme!

Mav

I know the other was more in line with the classic Nite theme

But this one rocks

So much easier on the eyes (black and orange is ok, like the old one. Gold gradient banners and stuff just irritated my eyes).

Kudos, keep up the great work guys

I'll prolly get hammered for this but...I must say I do like the old, darker one myself. Perhaps I've spent too much time in the MU? All in all though...the forum looks fantastic. You guys did a great job. Give yourselves a reach around  ;)  LOL.

c4  B)

I prefer Tiger Eye went with the new one for an hour and then switched back  :-X dont get me wrong it is a nice theme but tiger eye just feels right for NiteSciFi.

Yeppers! I just switched to Tiger Eye. Much better on the eyes.

c4  :D

I prefer Tiger Eye went with the new one for an hour and then switched back  :-X dont get me wrong it is a nice theme but tiger eye just feels right for NiteSciFi.

Yeppers! I just switched to Tiger Eye. Much better on the eyes.

c4  :D

The reason the new theme was added (Azure) was because it seemed more 'SciFi' like. Tiger Eye was chosen originally because it seemed similar to the original skin used on the old forum/site. The good thing about SMF's theme managment is that themes can be added more easily. We will most likely add more themes in the future. One theme in paticular we are looking to add is known as Enterprise (Those of you familier with SMF may know it) It is Star Trek related and is easier on the eyes.

However, as well as themes, we also hope to add new features/additions to NiteSciFi.com. We have a few ideas so far but would welcome any suggestions you have to the Support and Feedback forum.

(I say that too often :D )

• 1 month later...

I can't find my old post for the suggestion, but I had suggested a static background image / transparent foregroundfor the forum. Like at this link for the guy who does some of the stargate musical scores http://www.myspace.com/acreemusic

But with a star trek background image, like picards ready room or observation lounge.

oO... yaargh.  If that's the example, don't do it.  That's just annoying to read, especially if you're going to throw in the transparent post areas and a relatively high detail picture.  Text over pictures with fine detail is annoying. -_-'

Anyways, your post probably got zapped by the 'time warp' (aka. server and host problems).

I can't find my old post for the suggestion, but I had suggested a static background image / transparent foregroundfor the forum. Like at this link for the guy who does some of the stargate musical scores http://www.myspace.com/acreemusic

But with a star trek background image, like picards ready room or observation lounge.

oO... yaargh.  If that's the example, don't do it.  That's just annoying to read, especially if you're going to throw in the transparent post areas and a relatively high detail picture.  Text over pictures with fine detail is annoying. -_-'

Anyways, your post probably got zapped by the 'time warp' (aka. server and host problems).

Actually, your post was made in the Website Development forum which has since been archived.

Wahaha: When you say background image, do you mean the one that's currently used on the Tiger Eye theme, or a different image?