Should they bring back some of the old classics?

Ulysses

Red Dwarf is a classic but it wouldn't gain a big audience without more characters being in it. 4-5 cast members isn't enough. Sliders had 4 main characters but they always went somewhere that had other people. There could be a surprise mixing up of the characters like they did for U.S. version that bombed.

I agree, UFO has a chance at being re-imagined. I loved that show.

I never got into Blakes 7 or Red Dwarf, I love Doctor Who, but thats only cause it was accessible via PBS when I was younger. I never even took advantage of the downloads when they were available, just not my thing. Space 1999 to me as with Buck Rogers always seemed as though it were set in some kind of disco universe. Thats about the only thing that really sticks out to me about Space: the catchy theme song that you could dance to. I was always waiting to see if Travolta was gonna appear. I can't help but think that if Roddenberry would've went for Star Trek: Phase Two the series instead of The Motion Picture thats what it would've looked like. Everyone running around in god awful pant suits. They should leave Space 1999 right where it is, a fond albeit bizarre memorie. I would like to see Buck Rogers on the other hand or the Six Million Dollar Man.

While I watched it, I was never a big fan of Space 1999.  UFO was a vastly superior series - which was only canned because 1999 could get US funding.

A number of the first season scripts for Space 1999 were adapted from scripts written for series 2 of UFO.

Maybe that's why they were better.[br]Posted on: 03-03-2007, 08:03:20

Sapphire & Steel is currently being remade...  by Big Finish, as audio stories, starring David Warner & Susannah Harker.

incorrect ufo was canned first and space 1999 came about because all the sets for the next series had already been built and they didn't want to waste the money :)