NiteSciFi Werewolf

TFMF

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for neomaster, then he votes for me immediatelly afterwards. Makes sense. Attack, counterattack.

Why was Tablet the only other person to vote against me? Do I know  (or potentially will know) something that he dosen't want YOU to know? What is more dangerous? Mis-information, or censored information?

Knowing that he was going to get lynched anyways, perhaps he was trying to eliminate me, as I've claimed to be the seer. Maybe I'm lying about being the seer, and HE was the real seer, keeping his identy a secret, and voted against me out of spite?

Or maybe he was afraid that I would use my seer powers on him next and expose his dirty secret. Or maybe he just dosen't like me, or picked a name at random?

Once again I urge everyone to take out neomaster.

The rain had indeed stopped and it was a calm, peaceful night in NiteShire. There was a happy atmosphere in the village - the villagers beleived there would be no more killings after Tablet's banishment and were celebrating. Many were down at the pub drinking, some were simply relaxing at home....all but 2....

Megalith had decided to use the calm weather to get out for a bit. He walked along the lake-side part of the village. He found a bench were he thought he'd take a seat and admire the village. A full moon was shining beautifully on the lake and Megalith decided he'd shut his eyes and rest for a bit.

He was awoken 10 minutes later by a most piculliar sound. Nearby, he could hear what sounded like very deep breathing. He stared accross the lake and looked around. He couldn't see anything. After a few seconds the breathing stopped. Megalith listened intently to try and hear the breathing. After about 20 seconds there was still no breathing so he eventually got back to his snooze.

The breathing quickly returned, Megalith shot up off the bench and looked all around but he still couldn't see anything. He then jumped backwards as he heard a splash in the water. He still couldn't see anything as he stared into the lake, however. Beginning to get a bit worried, he began to make his way back to the village. More splashes and more breathing quickened his pace. He walked accross the bridge leading back to the village. At that moment he felt somthing brush past him. He spun round to see what it was. At first, he couldn't see anything. And then as he looked closly he realised there was a shadow  (A nite-shadow, if you will *laughs histerically to himself*) reflecting off the water. He tried to determine where the shadow was coming from. Unfortuanatly, the shadow was faster. It leaped out from under the bridge and threw Megalith into the water.

Megalith never resurfaced...

Megalith has been mauled by a werewolf and is out of the game.

Who did it? Discuss and then when you feel ready - vote for who you think is a werewolf.

Voting ends: Within 24 hours of this post

Well, at least now I know I voted for the wrong guy...

Better luck next time, our odds of winning are rapidly shrinking btw... Our odds of voting for a wolf however, are rapidly rising, that's the good news. :D

6 to 2 and most likely (since there's 6 of us and 2 of them) after the next round 4 to 2...

we'd better find those dang wolves fast or we'll all be dead in a jiffy.... :(

As for who to vote for... I have my supicions, they are rather wide suspicions however... I have 2 trains of thought:

1. probably someone who voted for Tablet is one of 'em (that leaves me with 5 candidates... not much hope in finding a right one there)

2. it's S0V13T and neomaster who are the wolves, are they playing a pointing game with each other to confuse the other villagers??

Ah, going to shift strategies, reading all replies to try and find a clue in there might help...  ???

S0V13T and neomaster could be playing a very clever game - and making you vote each other out, while they kill off the ones who vote for them.

Either that or their just stupid ;)

But yes - Tablet received quite a lot of votes - could the wolves be ganging up on the weak? (*cough - haha Tablet *cough*)

Come on people - St. Nites can't keep up with all the funerals! ;)

Now we have highlighted the "making too many posts" and "making too few posts" line of thinking - and even making an "eviction" based on it prolly makes those lines of thinking less valid now.

Everyone will be "mindful" of how much they are / are not posting (except maybe S0V13T who don't seem to care).

As TetsuoShima said, we gotta start thinking of other approaches.

Perhaps there's a connection in who's getting eaten (with only 2 kills so far any guess there is gonna be a bit vague - but shouldn't be automatically given up on...) ?

I did notice that  Megalith (who hasn't said much until recently) posted : "The tendency if not a random selection and being the first game would be for the wolves and seer to be a Mod here imo. I say we get all the mods remaining in the game and see if they float on water if they do then they must be made of wood and we can burn them."

...and then he got eaten !

Was there something to what he said ? Did he touch upon a nerve and got jumped on because of it ?

..and MORE importantly , will I now face the fangs having mentioned it myself ?

Anyone got any other ideas ?

And , yeah , this Neomaster / S0V13T double act - two wolves working together ?

Blaming each other when the vote was pretty safely going Tablets way - it's certainly a valid tactic for two wolves looking out for each other to make it "look" like they are fighting (read: Not working as a team...).

As I said before , I'll keep looking here for any ideas that would swing my vote.

But as of this moment I'm considering both S0V13T and Neomaster - Probably S0V13T - because , well , just because it's S0V13T !  ;D

I'll finalise my vote after work tomorrow , once I had a chance to read up on any new developments.....

[MM]

How conveniant... :D (and I thought I was the 'Village Idiot' ;))

*Sitting down by the campfire right next to Megalith. Eating a (last) meal, some grilled steak with some baked potatoe... Yum...*

Next thing you know Megalith gets mauled. (I will avenge your death. Werewolves beware. >:()

But I do think I know who is a werewolf!

My reasoning, not 100% proof, not even close... but...:

If one or both werewolves voted for Tablet (ie Tablet is NOT a wolf).

Tablet: 5 (Hilander72, Megalith, gathererhade, GorunNova, [MM])

That left me with 3 names: gathererhade, GorunNova, [MM]

After re-reading all the old posts in this thread, it suddenly became apparent!

My PRIME suspect: GorunNova.

Re-read all the old posts yourself regarding Tablets banishment and you'll see that GorunNova suddenly becomes over-confident like only a werewolf would, and also that it seems that GorunNova knows more about the truth and tries to hide it well (not well enough :P).

My vote goes to: GorunNova.

... or it could be that when I make a decision, I go for it full roar and don't back out.  I have a stubborn streak. ^^'

My reasoning was... Of seer and the two wolves, I bet only one is a mod here, maximum.  I'm guessing TFMF intentionally picked less vocal or well known people to give 'em a chance to be seen and participate here, and so I was left with Tablet, gathererhade, bones, neomaster and [MM]... This was also before the tie rules were mentioned, so with Tablet having the majority, I figured why split the vote?

Also, I'm pretty certain S0V13T isn't a werewolf... I could be wrong (and maybe even lunch ;p), but I've just got a feeling he's not one.  That leaves one moderator: TetsuoShima.  I vote for him.

Remember, one werewolf or two, one villager dies every two days.  Tablet was as good a pick as any of us - at this point, it's random guessing, and for all we know he WAS one of the werewolves.  The killing won't slow because one of 'em are out of the game - TFMF said as much.  Feel free to vote for me, though... better exiled than dog chow, right? ^^

Edit: hmmm... Then again, S0V13T's posts are pretty good cover... >_<... nope, I'm sticking with TetsuoShima.  Things are really getting interesting this round. ^^

I wasn't expecting a response this soon... ::)

I figured that any response would be an obvoius denial and an attempt to divert attention toward someone else (a werewolf would do that).

Now I'm more confident that I indeed have VOTED FOR A WEREWOLF! B)

Remember that TFMF also said:

hmm...GorunNova has resorted to lies....desperation?

(Since no one's voted for him - probably not Cheesy )

What, you want me to sit down, nod, and say, "Yes, that's fine reasoning you've got there.  I AM the werewolf." XD  Whether I'm a werewolf or not, I'm going to deny the claim.  A werewolf would have been more likely to be quiet and hope the post is overlooked... which, of course, makes it likely that the actual werewolf would speak up because that's not the expected response... but that's also the expected response, so he'll keep quiet... o.o... *brain explodes from an infinite regression*

Scratch that!  I'm voting for Hilander!  Damned werewolves and their brain-blowing infinite regressions!  Teeth and claws aren't good enough for 'em, no! Too old fashioned, I gather! (j/k, of course... my vote as previously posted stands. ^^)

Aaw, I got voted on again... :(

Lats time it was just a fun thing, this time it seems to have reasoning behind it, but I don't understand the logic...

Of seer and the two wolves, I bet only one is a mod here, maximum.  I'm guessing TFMF intentionally picked less vocal or well known people to give 'em a chance to be seen and participate here

That leaves one moderator: TetsuoShima.

There isn't any further reasoning that I can see between the two quotes, so... I'm assuming there isn't any.

Reason why I say, it doesn't make sense, that reasoning you do there GorunNova, is

A. If you think only one of the wolves and/or seer is a mod, and you thought Tablet was a wolf (unless you are a wolf and thought he was the seer, else it doesn't make sense to vote for him), then how can I still be a wolf, unless you thought wrong (we're both mods, Tablet and I) or think you did now, and in that case you can apply that reasoning over and over again...

B. Less vocal? Less well known... I have the second highest post count on the forum (NiteShdw's 5000 extra posts not counting), I think it's a fair assumption that doesn't make me less vocal or well known... Not in this thread either btw. :D

But I can understand why you need to point a finger and vote for someone quickly once you've been pointed at, to get attention away from yourself. Anyway, I won't let vengeance get in my way of voting, so why don't I point at someone else even? We may even get a full circle... :D

Why don't I point at "gathererhade" for now... He was one of the first to point at Tablet with the reason being: 'the bandwagon'... Sounds suspicious enough for me, considering that's what a wolf (in this game) would likely do, to get as many villagers out asap.

You're right.  There isn't reasoning.  I can't pick between you for logical reasons, and since I can only vote for one person I'm going by gut feeling... and am quite possibly wrong.  As for the 'less well known' thing... I was referring to all the non-mods.  I'd be hard pressed to think of a moderator here that isn't well known. ^^

*sigh* looks like my reasoning's shot, given that I totally forgot that Hilander's a mod (at least, I think he's a mod), not to mention the questionableness of assuming TFMF picked names off the top of his head with a mind for getting quieter members involved vs. randomly out of a hat or something.  I'd make a c##p detective... ;p

As for why Megalith was chosen to be eaten... was it because he was poking at mods, wandered off to the lake, or his name starts with an M?  I'm starting to think the werewolf just ate him at random, or because he was a strong suspect.

Bleah... Can I retract my vote while I think about this?

I don't give a flarny-floon over how often someone posts,  before I bother to make wild allogations about who the wolves are.

Why? because I know that people have lives outside of the NiteSciFi forums, and don't have all day to sit at their comps hitting refresh. I sure as sugar know that I do.

Can somebody please explain the reasoning behind the logic of "Player 1 only made 2 posts, therefor he must be the wolf." it makes no rational sense.

My voting strategy? Easy. I ask TFMF if Player X is the wolf, he answers. If the answer is in the affirmitive, I vote for that person, and let the rest of you know. If the answer is in the negitive, I wait for the next chance to ask. It's just damned lucky that I nailed one on the first try.

BTW, I asked if [MM] was the other wolf, the answer is no.

And here's my vote for neomaster again.

What, you want me to sit down, nod, and say, "Yes, that's fine reasoning you've got there.  I AM the werewolf." XD  Whether I'm a werewolf or not, I'm going to deny the claim.  A werewolf would have been more likely to be quiet and hope the post is overlooked... which, of course, makes it likely that the actual werewolf would speak up because that's not the expected response... but that's also the expected response, so he'll keep quiet... o.o... *brain explodes from an infinite regression*

Scratch that!  I'm voting for Hilander!  Damned werewolves and their brain-blowing infinite regressions!  Teeth and claws aren't good enough for 'em, no! Too old fashioned, I gather! (j/k, of course... my vote as previously posted stands. ^^)

Now this is the response I expected in the first place... Straightforward rage... ;)

Now it's time for some more evidence...

GorunNova said:

My reasoning was... Of seer and the two wolves' date=' I bet only one is a mod here, maximum.[/quote']

We villagers don't worry about who the SEER is, since the SEER is not a threath to us! :P

It's too late now, though. The trap has already sprung and caught a WEREWOLF! B)

I only wish I can convince some of my fellow villagers to trust me on this one...

If you want to think about who Fox would pick for wolves rationally, heres some example calculations to keep in mind when you vote.

- It's no secret that TFMF, [MM], and myself are all friends OUTSIDE of NiteSciFi, and regularly game together. Would this make Fox more or less likely to select MM and I for special roles? Would it be too obvious?

- TFMF is Scottish. Would he be more likely or less likely to choose other Scots? Maybe he picked an all euro cast for this show.

- TFMF is a moderator, and naturally has resentment for forum members that like to  'stir the pot'. Whoever he selected for certian roles may reflect this.

- Fox and TetsuoShima both collaborated on the upgrades to this forum together. Could they still be in cahoots?

- TFMF is a student of technology, that implies that he has excellent mathematical / reasoning skills. Whoever he picked for the roles will certianlly reflect this.

- The Seer has ALREADY TOLD YOU WHO ONE OF THE WOLVES ARE SEVERAL TIMES.