Heroes 1x18 "Parasite" (spoilers)

Mav

That was certainly one mind-f'k of an episode.

Shape Shifter woman is a bitch. I hate her, in the good way in which you're supposed to hate a bad guy. Now HRG is fucked cause Thompson knows his secret.

How did Mohinder clue into Sylar? Maybe I missed a piece of dialogue but did his DNA match up to "Patient Zeros"? I know Mohinder saw the news paper on Zane but still, that couldn't have been his chief clue, it'd be too obvious of a plot device by the writers.

Hiro and Ando, back again Wink YATTA! Though, I wonder, why the f'k are they all drawn to that one roof top? Hiro & Ando time travel to the post-nuke NY to that rooftop, it's that rooftop that Claude lives on, that rooftop of the same building Issac lives, same rooftop of the building that Simone and her father lived who happened to be Peter's hospice patient, come on it can't just be cheap set design, whats the storyline of that roof? I'm dyin to know

Jessica is startin to lose the battle with Niki, that should be interesting.

I didn't see Nathan's mom both speaking French and knowing the Haitian. I knew that she already knew about Claire and such but man, that part was a twist.

Mr. Linderman was, kind of a let down. Not Malcolm McDowell's performance but the character. Like I expected him to exert more of a bad ass gangster leader type of vibe instead he was all calm and quiet, and making pot pies o_O

Peter vs Sylar round 2 should be good

Oh and APRIL 23RD? that's 53 f'king days from now (did the math in my head quickly, may be off a day or two) but still, 53 f'ing days, WHAT THE FRAK... Sad its gonna be a long ass March and April thats for sure

You're KIDDING?! You Americans need to sort out your god damned midseason breaks... although, I suppose it really doesn't matter so much. It means the break between the end of the season and the start of the next will be shorter...

Anyway... I think that Mohinder just stopped being the stupidest guy in the world for a few minutes. Sylar was acting real squirrelly, I imagine even the nice but did Suresh decided to do some checking. I mean, when someone KEEPS going on about destiny and stuff, you have to get suspicious. Naturally, he made the inevitable mistake... not just taking the spinal fluid and then eviscerating him.

Yeah, the rooftop again... well, it's only a few feet away from where Hiro found Isaak's corpse last time he was there...

Peter vs. Sylar should be a hoot. I'm hoping that they have an all out fight this time, destroy the apartment or something. That was a somewhat unexpected angle... I also totally didn't realise that Peter is Claire's uncle... Having the grandmother as involved with the Haitian was nice though. Anyway, let's hope that there's a big fight rather than someone bursting in.

Also - the woman isn't a shapeshifter - she's clearly got some kind of illusion/projection ability. That's how she was able to make the corpse disappear and why the world goes fuzzy.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't kill Peter off so easily, but I can't be quite certain what the writers will pull out in this fantastically creative show. One things for sure, Sylar has had waaay too easy of a time acquiring new powers out of weakling mutants and people who still can't control their powers. It's about time he gets his butt handed to him by somebody who doesn't have an ulterior motive to keeping him alive!

I thought the fact that Peter was Claire's uncle was pretty obvious when they stated outright a few episodes back that Nathan was Claire's father... geez, you guys don't watch carefully enough. ^^'

Mohinder knew the moment he looked at the news and discovered the guy Sylar was supposed to be was dead (i.e. days after it happened, he states).  Knowing how dangerous Sylar is, Mohinder probably took a little time to plan Sylar's capture.  After all, Sylar IS a homocidal maniac with telekinetic abilities...

Given how much of a meddler and doer Nathan's mom was portrayed as, it's not a surprise she doesn't have fingers in where her granddaughter's concerned, if only to keep track of her.

As for Linderman... he's exactly the sort of 'gangster' I thought he would be... quiet, but firmly and intelligently in control.  You don't get that powerful without having some brains and some subtlety.

As for Peter vs. Sylar... it will be interesting, just as that ending cliffhanger is going to end the moment they cut to them in the next episode with Peter fighting back... or they're going to do the unexpected and kill Peter, although it'll make Sylar a hell of a lot more powerful.  If they're having such trouble dealing with him now, how would they deal with him when he only has to be near his enemies to get their powers? oO  So... no, Peter's going to survive.

... no more heroes 'til April 23rd?!  That's nuts!  That's not one mid-season break... that's the second, isn't it? oO.  They're just doing it on purpose to drive fans nuts and increase viewers with that cliffhanger. -_-'

Edit: Who else thinks that this is where Peter will get the previously alluded to scar? ^^

It might be, but I doubt he'll receive a scar now. The scar allusion came from "Future Hiro from after the destruction of NYC". He was told "Save the Cheerleader, save the world". Because of Hiro, Peter has met the cheerleader and now has her healing ability, so really the only way he could ever scar now is if he allows himself to heal naturally.

I was watching and I knew that Nathan was her father and that Peter was Nathan's brother, for some reason it just didn't click at that time.

Peter could - theoretically - be scarred. As his powers require him to activate them, he's not really in a state to use them at the moment.

This show really demonstrates excellence.

Heroes hasn't let us down with a single episode so far, which is pretty impressive. Nathan's mother knowing about the whole thing was quite surprising. Do you think she has special abilities too? The new changeling girl is evil and hot. Fine addition! ;)

It was also nice to see Hiro and "red shirt" Ando back together. I don't know what to think of Mr. Linderman yet. Mohinder is a dumbass, though. Did he really think he could control Sylar? Jeez... Anyway, now it's Peter vs. Sylar time! ;D Maybe Peter will "learn" Sylar's remaining abilities now.

BTW, is Simone dead, or do you think they will bring her back somehow? I must confess I was expecting something like this to happen to her when she suggested to Nathan the world should know about people with special abilities and so on.

She got shot twice in the heart, Peter said she was dead... she wasn't moving... they killed off Eve and Eve had FAR more to do. I don't think that Heroes has followed the comic book convention of not letting people stay dead... and I'm hoping that it won't be getting in on that.

I'm pretty sure that Heroes will avoid the 'comic book death' thing.  If people die, they'll stay dead... except for Claire, but she's got a good reason, and given the emphasis they had on 'save the cheerleader', even she can seemingly be killed if her brain is actually removed (as that's how Sylar would have killed her).

• 4 weeks later...

WOW. is all i can say.

Mohinder has been annoying me since day 1

Isaac is such a fool to think that simone was alive...no bullt wounds or blood on her clothes, not even claires that good.

Cliare hmmm this might be a shot in the dark but if claire can regrow a kidney why couldnt she survive having her brain removed, she could just grow a new one? she only dies if she has something blocking the healing process like that tree branch in the side of her head.

Peter - should be very interresting to see what happens between him and syler, peter has the advantage of having more usful powers from a comabt point of view (whats syler going to do melt his fillings? or try to use his telekinesis to throw a man he cant see....oooo just thought since hes got the super hearing the invisiblity is useless) but sylar can control his powers more naturally than peter

Nikki poor nikki if only she was just left in the nut house then she wouldnt have to try and kill nathan.

I think that Hiro and Ando were transported to after the event to show that there is still hope, i only recon this becasue the buildings are being reconstructed either that or hiro still cant contol his powers.

Am i the only one thats noticed that isaac only paints bad things after hes gotten high on heroin?

Such great potential in this series  :D

I also hate that shapeshifteter, how many more of the characters from x-men do they need to copy?

Of -course- there'd be reconstruction... it's only the city that'd be blown up, after all.  The rest of the country's still fine.  What it probably shows is that things are still on track to the big boom and need fixing.

... given how many superheroes Marvel has churned out, it's guaranteed that ALL of the characters are 'copies' to some degree. ^^'  Also, she's NOT a shapechanger.  She makes illusions / controls what people see  (i.e. how she disguised the room so that the agents couldn't see the corpse, as an example).  Regardless of what she makes people see, her form doesn't change.

Heh... it's ironic that Jessica got to kill the same guy who gave Nikki her freedom, isn't it? ^^

Edit: Actually, now that you mention the heroin / bad visions thing I see what you mean.  Good catch. ^^

• 1 month later...

very good episode I have watched 5 episodes today lol probably the best way to watch this show tbh :) Ironically i mentioned in the Niteshire thread not wanting to have an ability like plant empathy, i had no idea that mr lindeman would possess such a talent (well i hadnt even watched an episode at that time.

I still have no idea how come everyone knows the black guy is from Haiti lol.

I have just watched E19 too so prob best if i continue this on that thread.