Heroes 1x21 "The Hard Part" (Spoilers)

Mav

Classic building episode, not as good as last weeks epic future one but still good.

I wanna know wtf Thompson is up to, he says Molly can stop Sylar? All she can do is find him, past that her power does nothing. So did he just mean she can locate him for The Company to deal with or what?

I really loved Mohindir's conversation with Thompson at the beginning. He's gone from a simple geneticist to a bad ass "I must stop the bad guy" type. Love it.

I'm thinking Sylar went to see his Ma' cause well, he figured she'd die. I mean why else go back? I'd guess, his whole "I'm special" complex he's got that drives him to kill other heroes cause they don't "deserve" their power, stems from his mother constantly telling him he's so special and better than others. Sadly Hiro couldn't finish the job :( I don't blame him, he was super nervous, and as proven in the past when he's very nervous his power glitches on him, if he had kept time stopped he could have killed Sylar. Sylar painting the future in his mother's blood....w..t...f

Peter and Claire, I just like seeing them together, they work well along side one another. Peter's taken up to his uncle role pretty good. Peter absorbing Ted's power...so we definitely have 2 subjects that could be the Exploding Man. I hope it aint Peter, but it'd also be sad if it was Ted.

2 more episodes this season :( It's gonna be a long summer without our Heroes

Discuss.

Molly is a seeker. A cute hero-bloodhound. She can find any one of them. Sylar might not be the main attraction.

I think Sylar visited his mother for the reason they showed. He was concerned and spooked by the idea that he would kill so many, maybe some who did "deserve" their abilities. He's psychotic but not megalomaniacal. Or he was. With his mom dead, he seemed to enjoy the idea of someday being president.... painting in a corpse's blood.... just weird.

Nathan's mom and Linderman plan on someone blowing up? They WANT it so Nathan can guide people to a better life? Is he going to play along or find a way to stop them and be the hero we want?

WIll Claire kill her Uncle Peter if she has to? Is he about to explode before the election?

I don't KNOW. That's why I watch it. To see what the writers came up with....

I actually laughed when Peter said Ted. I can just imagine him saying "Ted Theadore Logan", I always thought he sounded like Keanu Reeves, he only has to say "Neo" next :D

Indeed it was a filler but a better filler than most.

Can't wait for the next ones...

LOL! Nathan and Peter's mom is evil. Is Linderman the daddy? I didn't understand the little girl part... Her power alone can't stop Sylar unless the company guy didn't tell Mohinder the whole story. Maybe they want Sylar to absorb her power and her disease in the process? Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

It was also interesting how the writers showed another side of Sylar, and why he wants to be special and now president. Hiro and Ando messing things up again was kind of frustrating, but still funny. I wonder how Sylar managed to counteract Hiro's ability, though.

The illusionist girl showed the real extent of her power. Pretty cool, actually. I suppose it's kind of obvious by now why Linderman needs the hot blonde's son, huh? Then the gang met and TO BE CONTINUED. Yeah, build up ep, but very good nonetheless.

Classic building episode' date=' not as good as last weeks epic future one but still good.[/quote']

I'm not sure, i'd say this ep was almost better. But yeah, it was definitely exciting because you could see the episode building the story towards the final episodes.

It was a little predictable that Sylar would eventually kill his mother, but was good in a way because it showed how evil he really was. I agree with gatefan about it being interesting to see another side to Sylar.

Also, it just struck me about Issac - he may not actually be gone forever, couldn't Linderman use his power to heal him? Or perhaps what will happen in the end is that Hiro will use his power and turn back time to the beginning to kill Sylar when he doesn't have his power (Why doesn't he do that anway?)

What a great cliffhanger. The two groups meet up to meet the next leg of the journey....TO BE CONTINUED, heh.

I am once again awaiting the next ep with great anticipation.

Presumably because the girl can find anyone, she can find Sylar and a person capable of beating him. Like Peter.

This was a classic example of how Heroes is always moving though. We had lots of stuff in there... Peter getting the nuke powers, Bennet and Claire reunited... Hiro bottling killing Sylar... Sylar going over the edge from mentalist to total mentalist. It was nice to learn something about his backstory.. and strange to see him acting so normal. I suspect that contributed to Hiro's inability to bump him off.

It's proof that while it may not always be all action all the time, that it can just keep going. I do wonder how things will pan out after this season though. I just struggle to imagine how a show can maintain the kind of momentum it has built. Will we wrap up the first arc and then launch into another? I don't know but really, this show is great. Unlike Lost that was basically a lot of rubbish that went "OOO! Something!", Heroes actually reveals things and we're making progress toward a point... and all without constant flashbacks... OR JACK. No wonder Heroes is giving Lost a drubbing in the ratings.

It's proof that while it may not always be all action all the time' date=' that it can just keep going. I do wonder how things will pan out after this season though. I just struggle to imagine how a show can maintain the kind of momentum it has built. Will we wrap up the first arc and then launch into another? I don't know but really, this show is great. Unlike Lost that was basically a lot of rubbish that went "OOO! Something!", Heroes actually reveals things and we're making progress toward a point... and all without constant flashbacks... OR JACK. No wonder Heroes is giving Lost a drubbing in the ratings.[/quote']

Oh yes i couldn't agree more. I too am wondering how Heroes will turn out in Volume 2. I'm wondering if they will take entirely new characters and have a whole new story.

Not a bad episode, I thought Sylar visiting his mom was to try to be accepted, he seemed to have had enough of the killings and wanted to be normal. his mom tho said that he could be better and that he could be the president. her death (which was actually self defense) has tipped him over the edge and now he wants to live upto his mom's expectations.

i dont trust the guy bennett worked for at all and wouldn't trust anything he said. Perhaps she really does have powers that are way beyond finding people. maybe she can teleport to a person from a picture, one way quite literally to find people.

Little Micah looked as big as a building in the picture of him, perhaps the extent of his powers is yet to be reached.

Its all setup nicely for the penultimate episode.