Dr Who S3-E07 - '42' - 7PM

Antilles

[move]+++ ALERT - WARNING - THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD - IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE EPISODE PLEASE KEEP OBVIOUS SPOILERS HIDDEN BY USE OF THE SPOILER TAB - THANK YOU. ALERT ENDS! +++[/move]

:Antilles: This is the Official discussion thread for Episode 7 of the 2007 Doctor Who. 'Constructive' criticism is welcome. This thread will be opened immediately before or just after the episode airs (19:45PM GMT).

[glow=white,2,300]ADDITIONAL: This Episode should be on at the normal time of 19:00 PM (GMT) [/glow]

Official Synopsis - In a distant galaxy, in the 42nd century, a spaceship hurtles out of control towards a boiling sun. The Doctor has 42 minutes to uncover the saboteurs, but with a mysterious force starting to possess the ship's crew, the Doctor and Martha are running out of time.

• 2 weeks later...

well i had a long nite on friday (not much sleep) so i fell asleep watching this one lol woke up as it was finishing, can remember the dr havin the white eyes lol then martha phoned her mum again an it finished lol will have to watch it again tbh lol

Yes it was rather a good story, very Alien, very Event Horizon (in location at least). It was fast paced and exciting enough to keep me awake LOL

But the good story (and effects) aside it was the underlying Mister Saxon storyline thats got the hard fans drooling. To be honest I didnt think wed see any links to the story arc this week but we did and it was excellent, very Men In Black and mysterious, sinister too. We just know this Mister Saxon aint a good guy!

And of course next week, the Scarecrow story, i just love creepy lookin scarecrows.

yeah gotta admit the trailer for next weeks looks great.

42 reminded me a lot of Planet of Evil (Tom Baker) where they encounter the Antimatter creature in the furthest reaches of the universe. as i said tho i must have missed 15 minutes or so from near the end :(

lol i am getting to old for all night parties lol

It could be just me, but it seems like they're drawing from the classic Doctor Who formula in this particular episode... not that it's a bad thing. ^^

I have to admit I'm pretty curious about who Mr. Saxon is... and what were they trying to do in the back there, trace the call?  It makes me wonder if this Mr. Saxon's a time traveller... *visions of intense Mr. Saxon = The Master discussions in the future come to mind*

Satan's Pit....only better! ;D

I just loved how the Doctor was so much more active in this episode - he acted heroicly (sp?). I also thought this was a good episode for Martha as she was a lot of good scenes in this for her.

SFX were stunning! Always nice to see on Doctor Who. BUT the best bit of all had the be Mr Saxon's team! Oh that was cool. I love build ups like this and i can see it being somthing really special!

And yes, next weeks looked superb as always!

Satan's Pit....only better! ;D

I just loved how the Doctor was so much more active in this episode - he acted heroicly (sp?). I also thought this was a good episode for Martha as she was a lot of good scenes in this for her.

SFX were stunning! Always nice to see on Doctor Who. BUT the best bit of all had the be Mr Saxon's team! Oh that was cool. I love build ups like this and i can see it being somthing really special!

And yes, next weeks looked superb as always!

Nawww The impossible planet & Satans Pit was one of the highlights of the last series, I did like lastnights but to say it was better than Satans Pit must mean TFMF must of been on the voddie lastnight lol

TFMF must of been on the voddie lastnight

::)

Anyway, well i'm not sure. The Impossible Planet did have that "oh wow" scare factor, but 42 was just great...hmmm maybe i need to rewatch Satan's Pit/Impossible Planet.

Anyway, well i'm not sure. The Impossible Planet did have that "oh wow" scare factor, but 42 was just great...hmmm maybe i need to rewatch Satan's Pit/Impossible Planet.

lol Satans Pit and Impossible planet had...errrm doom 1,2 & 3 feel to it dunno why lol

lol Satans Pit and Impossible planet had...errrm doom 1,2 & 3 feel to it dunno why lol

lol the horned beast looked like the green fireball throwing demons from the first 2 doom games :)

Did anyone think when they seen the preview for next weeks episode these look a lil like sea devils (the manorisms way they move rather than physical appearance)

Once again imo Dr Who is regaining its history and going back to the days of the true great doctors (This week Tom Baker next week Pertwee) I am definately loving this series better than anything thats been done since 1980, long may it continue ;)

Yeah, I agree with all the Satan Pit/Impossible Planet references... but then, wasn't this from the same time period? I think it was probably just the claustrophobic environment and the fact we had someone with a voice similar to Satan's... for a little while I thought we were going to find out that the Beast had escaped or something.

This one made the science in "Sunshine" look plausible though... as if your greatest concern when hurtling toward the sun is actually crashing into it. Still, not bad... it's always good to get a break from Earth. Even if it is only the inside of a spaceship... the Sun looked pretty cool though as did the WHITE LIGHT. Burn with me! Sounds like the name of a heavy metal song.