A game for the brainiacs!

TetsuoShima

you might as well give them a million dollars. in 2 dimensional space, it is impossible to do this. it's an old mathematical problem that can only be solved in 3 dimensions or by cheating and putting one pipe through a house that is already connected. this particular game won't allow going through a house already connected. you can only connect 8 pipes properly without crossing.  ::)[br]Posted on: May 11, 2007, 02:34:30 AM

LOL its not possible

you're right.

hah, Amnot Borg cracks the game. LOL

You're absolutely right! I was waiting for someone to positively identify the game impossible to complete. ;D

(I tried to enter the solution in the first post and making hidden, but I failed, so I just removed it completely.)

Nasty, eh? :P

Amnot Borg gets the Q! ;)

Anyway, just to be thorough: this game can be solved in 2 dimensional space, just not on a flat euclidian plane. :D

One example of a 2 dimensional surface in which the game can be completed, would be the surface of a torus.

It's fun if you when know some math! ;D

(hence the brainiacs game, since the brainless will try forever to solve it without succes, those with a brain but without proper knowledge just give up after a while usually, not knowing absolutely sure if it's possible or not)

This is a very classic problem btw, it's easiest to solve with graph theory, but let's not get into that right now. :D

On the one hand, I didn't expect the solution to stay out of sight for very long, on the other it's a shame that it's allready out in the open, I would have loved to see some more people try! ;D