Big Finish Forum Fate - You decide!

Antilles

Its been a while since anyone posted in the Big Fiish forum and we were just wondering as to what should become of it.

For those who dont know what Big Finish do, they are a licensed company who produce, amongst other thigs, Doctor Who audio books. Whilst the audios are apparently show canon a lot of fans (not just here) would more than likely say keep it and lets discuss the subjects in each release, but as you can see its been a while since anyone posted. Not sure how many people here in Nites are actual listeners to BF Doctor Who, (Pella I think was the biggest fan) I myself have only listened to a limited few and am not a religious collector of them as I much prefer the TV show itself.

So its up to you guys, do we keep it or lose it or just move it into Quarks for the collectors of merchandise?

Im not bothered eithr way as Im purely a TV guy, so Ill leave it in yur hands.

To be honest, I think the audios haven't been as good of quality of late as they have been.  The earlier ones ranged from okay to excellent with the occasional bomb, but with few exceptions almost everything since Zagreus has been rather... bland or flawed.

Maybe we'll be lucky and some really good talk-worthy ones will come up in the near future...

Well to be honest, i think it should have its own catagory as their are other shows (like the tomorrow people) that have BF and as it stands being confined to doctor who theres no room to discuss the other Audio's this company produces. I havent voted because the option to have its own thread (perhaps under general sci fi) doesn't exist.

Thats a good point Megalith, Big Finish do many more things besides 'Who', Judge Dredd being one of my favourites! So Ive added the extra vote option for those who think Big Finish should have their own section for every subject they make audios for!

i have now voted :) looks like its heading for its own forum/thread then by the looks of the poll :)

I do need to get upto date with a lot more BF things tbh and this could be just the spur i needed. maybe it would get other members interested in the great work this team has done.

i only found out BF did Judge Dredd recently and am curious to what its like (was a huge 2000AD fan back in the day). And as mentioned in my last post i am and always have been a Tomorrow People fan (not as much as Dr Who but close enough ;))

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

At one point there were reviews of releases, but no more.

If widening it out, would that mean relocating it to above the DW branch? Is there much interest in non-who audio within the site so that having a general SciFi audio forum might spark life?

The BFDW does seem a bit less now. I'm currently listening to Nocturn - but slowly (so I'll probably end up relistening to recap when I've put it down for a couple of weeks :P )

• 5 months later...