Dr Who S3-E08 - 'Human Nature' - 7:10 PM (GMT)

Antilles

Not the best but Id hardly say it was 'lame' but as we live in a democracy youre entitled to your views :)

Theres so many little things in there that just stand out if you spot them and Im sure theres more going on than meets the casual viewing eye. the young boy Tim for example, he has a gift of foresight and he saw things before and after the watch opened, whats his part in it all I wonder. Is Joan all she appears to be, I just have this niggling sensation that shes part of this trap being laid.

I loved the sketch book showing the Doctors ideas which are actually memories, and the sketches he made on the page with the Doctors I can only recognise Paul McGann, William Hartnell & Peter Davison, couldnt make out the other although he looked a bit like Jamie McCrimmon.

One thing bothered me though, he wrote in the book that the Autons were plastic men, if anyone read that in 1913 (which Joan was going to do) shed probably wonder what the bloody hell 'plastic' was, it didnt exist in 1913. :)

Also the cricket ball trick to save the lady with a baby, surely a nod to Davison.

He also spoke of stolen technology and time agents in the opening sequence, something else to think about.

EDIT: I stumbled upon an article today that suggests the young boy 'Timothy Latimer' is an anagram of 'The Immortality'....hmmm curiouser & curiouser! :)

That's mysterious! The episode was great - but very strange. The Doctor is very strange - who knew he could turn into a human being? What next - he can become a Dalek? EXTERMINATE MYSELF! I AM THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE!

One thing bothered me though, he wrote in the book that the Autons were plastic men, if anyone read that in 1913 (which Joan was going to do) shed probably wonder what the bloody hell 'plastic' was, it didnt exist in 1913. :)

Atomic Energy didn't exist either, but it was a staple of science fiction about that time. It is, after all from her point of view fantasy so I doubt she would think too much into it. It's what's called "suspension of disbelief". In comic books, Wolverine's skeleton is made out of Adamantium and superhero costumes are made from unstable molecules. Neither exist at the moment, but we don't give it a second thought when we read about it.

EDIT: Not that I place complete faith in wikipedia, but I found this about plastic:

People experimented with plastics based on natural polymers for centuries. In the nineteenth century they discovered plastics based on chemically modified natural polymers: Charles Goodyear discovered vulcanization of rubber (1839) and Alexander Parkes, English inventor (1813—1890) created the earliest form of plastic in 1855. He mixed pyroxylin, a partially nitrated form of cellulose (cellulose is the major component of plant cell walls), with alcohol and camphor. This produced a hard but flexible transparent material, which he called "Parkesine." The first plastic based on a synthetic polymer was made from phenol and formaldehyde, with the first viable and cheap synthesis methods invented by Leo Hendrik Baekeland in 1909, the product being known as Bakelite. Subsequently poly(vinyl chloride), polystyrene, polyethylene (polyethene), polypropylene (polypropene), polyamides (nylons), polyesters, acrylics, silicones, polyurethanes were amongst the many varieties of plastics developed and have great commercial success.