TV: JERICHO - for the fans of the CBS series

Season 2 Episode 2: Condor

The ASA textbooks for the school in Jericho arrived and pissed off a few people with it's altered history and propaganda. "The Bay of Pigs" politics was to soft? Proof of Russian origin on the nukes was discovered which means the new ASA government is lying about N. Korean and Iranian involvement. Chavez headed off to Texas to stop their merger with the Wyoming government and its fascist plans. Stanley finds out Mimi has no living relatives since the bombs. The ASA president arrived to use the deaths from the town as propaganda for his America. Jennings & Rall products are seemingly everywhere.

My grammar and punctuation are off? sorry.

not a problem, Kyran. I'm usually King of typos.

Season 2 Episode 3: Jennings & Rall

A virus is coming. Ravenwood is back and making sure J&R are the only suppliers for vaccine. Jake and the townspeople manage to get some from other sources. Hawkins has a new friend trying to find out what the Wyoming government is up to. Stanley's sis wants to visit Cheyenne and see what a big city is like. Not all J&R employees are horrible people.

3/7 down. I'm missing it again already and it's not over.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2: Episode 4: Oversight

Hawkins gets another phone call from John Smith, informing him that he's only a day away from being caught by Beck. Together, with Jake, he works to prevent this and in the process, he plants more seeds of doubt in Beck's mind about the government that Beck believes he is working for. Mimi discovers that someone inside J&R is embezzling money. Goetz continues to prove that he is above the law in his new position.

The next paragraph holds information about specific characters in the episode, DO NOT unfold it, if you want to watch it with your own eyes first!

!WARNING! CLASSIFIED MATERIAL!
FOR CLASS A ACCESS LEVEL ONLY!

Goetz goes with his men to the farm. Mimi gets a shot in the firefight, Goetz shots down Bonnie.

4/7 down, 3 in the wild.

Another innocent down. Shows what kind of world they live in. That war is still going strong.

We see so much of what kind of season it could have been if CBS hadn't canceled it and only bought 7 more episodes to keep us as viewers. It's getting rushed to put everything in the show that they needed. This should have been a long well-told plot.

The worst part though is the Tuesday night at 10PM time slot they gave it. Many shows have died there. Even if the loyal fans watch them all. CBS probably won't give us any more.  :-x

I've tried watching both the pilot episode and the first episode of season 2 and neither drew me in enough to continue watching.  The concept is great on paper but the execution just doesn't interest me.

I hope it gets a third season for the sake of the shows fans though.

So much of the original plans for season 2 had to be crammed into each of the 7 episodes this season that it does take some prior knowledge of the story to get into it.

It probably is to late to gain new fans for the show with 2 episodes left. SciFi channel bought rights to it though so we know someone paid the fans some attention. There are so many things about the show that I didn't know until I went online and saw all the fan sites. The Morse code at the beginning of each episode is a different message. There was a planned online mystery about Jennings & Rall. Several websites were created and linked to each other.[br]Posted on: March 15, 2008, 01:44:49 AM

Season 2: Episode 5: Termination with Cause

After last weeks' murder of Bonnie, Goetz needs to kill Mimi or his secret goes to Ravenwood H.Q. Stanley gets his revenge but at what cost to the towns of Jericho and New Bern? Hawkins new "friend" seems to be very helpful. Still no word from Texas.

Season 2 Episode 6: Sedition

Major Beck locked down Jericho for insurrection. Hawkins tried to get the bomb to Texas. Jake was held prisoner for days with no sleep, food, or water while Beck tried to get info on Stanley. Things are unraveling for the new ASA. The mystery "friend" of Hawkins is revealed as the mastermind behind the bombings. He wants to use the last bomb on Cheyenne to destroy J&R.

I think Jennings & Rall must own CBS.  :(

Seriously, I didn't expect more from CBS after they only bought 7 episodes to finish the storyline. SciFi channel has been trying to attract Jericho's audience with the original season being shown. I guess, they'll add this mini-season now.

Season 2 Episode 7:Patriots And Tyrants

Stanley comes out of hiding to bury a loved one. Eric has a meeting with a sworn enemy. Major Beck learns the truth about who he works for. Jake & Hawkins go on one final mission to retrieve the bomb and stop the Cheyenne Government from taking over the country.

Independent Republic of Texas declares war on the A.S.A. after Jake flies the bomb out of Cheyenne. I hated to see A.S.A. aircraft shot down but it was necessary to get that bomb to someone that could prove what J&R was up to.

I'm going to miss this show. It had potential. It had decent characters. It showed that true Americans want freedom not a big brother.

• 4 weeks later...
  • TFMF unpinned this topic