Dr Who S3-E11 - 'Utopia'

Antilles

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you guys approve of a female character that was a ho?  B)

No, Joe! :D

In a 'family' show I'd rather have neither. I don't need it and it doesn't add much, if anything, to the plot. They can keep that kind of thing for Torchwood with it's grossed-out, gore-filled, w*****g, BSing surroundings.

Like in 'Blink' when Sally falls for her best friends brother - love not sex.

Hmmm... it seems there's no explanation of why Jack hasn't aged. He may be unable to die, but even Time Lords need to regenerate, and Jack is a mere human, albeit one from three thousand years in the future.

It was explained that he is a 'fixed' point in time so now matter how much he ages or dies he will always be reset to the moment he was made to live in. That's why he doesn't disintegrate in the radiation chamber because it's cumulative but when he gets shot he drops dead and then revives.

Apologies for the language too in my previous, TFMF

Hmmm... it seems there's no explanation of why Jack hasn't aged. He may be unable to die, but even Time Lords need to regenerate, and Jack is a mere human, albeit one from three thousand years in the future.

Well, since Rose used her power to heal him, he's unable to die, so it seems plausible that his inability to age is another sideaffect of Rose's healing.

Apologies for the language too in my previous' date=' TFMF[/quote']

No worries. :)

C'mon... some people just like to flirt, and Jack's one of 'em.  It's not as if he's actually doing anything with them. ^^'

As for the immortality... Rose locked him in place.  No aging, no dying... just there, forever, a product of profound messing around with time that even the Doctor is disturbed by.

If he IS a 'new' companion, though... the Tardis rejected him before, so what'll happen when the Doctor gets it back and fixes it?

I thought the plot was somewhat lacking as well, but went with it because

a) jack was back, and it was fabulous;

b) liked the professor and his assistant;

c) was looking forward to the master.

the futureKind seemed like lame ripoff Reavers, the revived master was giddy not terribly evil seeming, more like a kid who's got away without detention.

My thought on the master: He had used up his regenerations by dr 4's time, he stole a human body to use then, and from what the TV movie (treated as canon) showed us, he was still stealing human bodies, which would give him no ability to regenerate or need to hide as human. I'm a little fuzzy on how the tv movie ended him though... something about being trapped in the tardis? eye of harmony? was he released by rose? or....

What if this Master is an EARLIER incarnation? Pre-pertwee? Do we know how he used up his first 11 reincarnations? NO.

I hope they don't glibly toss aside canon for convenience sake. The pocketwatch bit is contrived enough...

Utopia was definitely a MacGuffin.  They could have run ANY plot and have the end result be the reawakening of the Master... as that was the real goal of that story, the whole Utopia thread was actually rather unnecessary.  To refer to another MacGuffin driven story (in this case, the movie Ronin), Utopia was the case.  It doesn't matter where or what Utopia was... the real story was in how trying to get to Utopia resulted in the Master getting reborn.

I have to agree with Antilles... the explanation for the Master being alive and able to regenerate is in the next episode.