Even more new Heroes (recurring characters)

Hilander72

NBC's sci-fi drama "Heroes" is casting a wide net for next season, tapping Barry Shabaka Henley, Holt McCallany, "Alias" alum David Anders, Japanese pop star and actress Eriko Tamura, Lyndsy Fonseca and Dianna Agron for recurring roles.

Anders will play the most intriguing part, that of the ancient samurai warrior Takezo Kensei, Hiro Nakamura's (Masi Oka) childhood hero. While never seen during "Heroes' " first season, Kensei played a key part in the show's plot. Hiro spent most of the season trying to get ahold of Kensei's sword, which he hoped would help him in his quest to save the world.

In another Japanese connection, Tamura will play a Japanese princess.

Henley will play Detective Fuller, a New York police officer. McCallany will play Ricky, the ringleader of a group of Irish thugs.

Fonseca and Agron will play beautiful cheerleaders in Southern California, where Claire (Hayden Panettiere) is expected to move. Fonseca's character April is sweet, while Agron's Debbie is a mean girl.

"Heroes" extends Henley's relationship with NBC and Universal Media Studios. This past development season, he co-starred on David Shore's drama pilot for the network, which was produced by UMS. The actor, who next appears in the feature "The Horsemen," is repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul Agency and Rugolo Entertainment.

McCallany, who has been developing a feature that he is looking to direct, next appears in the feature "Vantage Point." He is repped by APA, manager Dave Fleming at Mosaic Media Group and attorney Rick Genow.

Anders, who played Julian Sark on ABC's "Alias," recently guest-starred on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy." He also plays the title role in the feature "Eli." He is repped by SMS and Liberman/Zerman Management.

Tamura has starred in more than 15 Japanese features and TV series and has released 10 albums there. She made her English-language debut in the 2006 feature "Surf School."

The six join Nick d'Agosto, who recently landed a recurring role on "Heroes" next season, as well as Dania Ramirez, who was cast as a new regular.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

Pictures (with IMDb links):

Barry Shabaka Henley / Detective Fuller, NYPD (left) & Holt McCallany / Ricky, Ringleader of Irish Thug (right):

barryshabakahenleytx3.jpgholtmccallanyuu9.jpg

David Anders / Takezo Kensei (left) & Eriko Tamura / Japanese Princess (right):

davidanderses8.jpgerikotamuramq5.jpg

Lyndsy Fonseca / April, "Sweet" Cheerleader (left) & Dianna Agron / Debbie, "Mean Girl" Cheerleader (right):

lyndsyfonsecaul1.jpgdiannaagronzw4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Keating To Join Takei on 'Heroes'

By Michelle

July 3, 2007 - 8:46 PM

Dominic Keating (Reed) will join George Takei (Sulu) on NBC's Heroes next season.

The trade paper Variety reported that both Keating and Dianna Agron will play new recurring roles on the smash hit, with Agron playing a cheerleader and Keating an Irish mobster.

Full text

One more addition then:

reedms9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Jessica Collins joins the NBC drama's bulging cast

August 3, 2007

The cast of NBC's Emmy nominated hit "Heroes" just continues to grow.

The latest actor to join the show for its second season is Jessica Collins, who will take on a recurring role.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Collins will play Sophie, "a mysterious woman with powers who works at the organization that is tracking all heroes."

It should be noted that the Jessica Collins is question is the former co-star of "The Nine," which is currently getting a late-summer burn-off on ABC. She isn't to be confused with former "Tru Calling" co-star Jessica Collins, who plays one of the female leads in this season's new ABC drama "Big Shots." It's an easy mistake to make.

The "Heroes" casting will reunite Collins with her "Nine" co-star Dana Davis, one of this season's new "Heroes" regulars, along with Dania Ramirez ("The Sopranos"). Joining Collins on the recurring roster are a slew of other familiar faces, including David Anders ("Alias"), Lyndsy Fonseca ("How I Met Your Mother") and Barry Shabaka Henley ("Miami Vice").

This past development season, Collins appeared in the CBS pilot "The Man," opposite LL Cool J. Her credits include episodes of "CSI," "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and "Ghost Whisperer."

Link

One more:

1186167365.jpg

And another whom I didn't know was also joining Heroes:

1186168317.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit concerned that the writers are straying too far from it's established identity by employing so many actors from the Start Trek franchise.... it's good to see them.. but still...

BUT what REALLY concerns me is the influx of SO MANY other noob "actors".... I feel that they are bring too many kids into it and that it'll turn into Heroes 90210.

.... and WFT with Anders playing an ancient Japaneese hero? It HAS to be part of the plot somehow... I don't see the writers being so intentionally race insensitive (I don't mean in racist terms.. I'm talking about how far they expect us to "suspend belief" in accepting character casting.)

All of the "new" news about Heroes season 2 has me a bit perturbed, I really hope they don't ruin it in favour of attracting "more" viewers.. that kind of action inevitably ruins a show.