So uh, what was the Cybermen's end game?

Mav

Alright, so I'm rewatching "Doomsday" (I love it) and I wondered "What would the Cybermen do, after they 'upgraded' all humans and/or lifeforms?"

Think about it. The Daleks, wanna basically purge anything non-Dalek. Aside from their Time War with the Time Lords, their end game is to destroy anything not Dalek, or in the new series at least recreate Daleks in some fashion (seen by the Emperor and later Dalek Seck)

But what about the Cybermen? Say for example, their prime target was Earth, as in "Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel" or "Army of Ghosts/Doomsday". So if they upgrade all humans to Cybermen, what then? Their basic existence is to not age, not die, not get sick, no discrimination based on gender or race etc but what then? Do they like, go about day to day lives, as Cybermen?

Speaking of Cybermen, what do they do about young people? They obviously upgrade adults, but have they ever upgraded a child? Or even a baby? Or is it kinda like The Borg from Star Trek where they wait till a certain age before beginning the total assimilation process?

I always wondered this. I mean, every villain has to have a plan if they "win". Would they just kinda stand around, having conquered everything? They have no emotions from what I saw, so there wouldn't be like, Cyberman picnics in the park or a romantic dinner ;p (loved the s28 bloopers of the Cybermen playing soccer)

...further upgrades until they reach that territory known as "perfection".

they'd also probably leave Earth to upgrade all sentient species they could find that seemed "man"-ish.

...where did you get the idea that children are not assimilated by the Borg? 7of9 was captured as a child. did I miss something?

...where did you get the idea that children are not assimilated by the Borg? 7of9 was captured as a child. did I miss something?

I should have been more specific, by children I meant really young toddlers or babies. They do procreate, in some fashion, and begin babies on cybernetic implants at an early age but they aren't fully assimilated quite yet. Just got me curious as to how the Cybermen did it, cause every single Cyberman was the same, they just used the human brain right? So how could the immature brain of a 3 yr old function just as well as an adults, as being a Cyberman?

I should have been more specific, by children I meant really young toddlers or babies. They do procreate, in some fashion, and begin babies on cybernetic implants at an early age but they aren't fully assimilated quite yet. Just got me curious as to how the Cybermen did it, cause every single Cyberman was the same, they just used the human brain right? So how could the immature brain of a 3 yr old function just as well as an adults, as being a Cyberman?

I see no reason to not use Borg children for certain tasks that aren't labor intensive. the nanites or whatever that "infect" people would regenerate damaged tissue but until a Borg reached full maturity then it would be limited by size and mass for certain duties. the Queen would only need adults to do most of the work of the collective while the children (immature units?) could be set to work in hard to access areas or something. they are NOT normal kids and wouldn't get to do normal things. they would not be allowed to be useless(free?).

interesting. not using children's brains since they aren't mature enough would also leave out cloned brains unless they had some method of creating neural pathways that could handle the necessary processing of the Cyber mind. they would need a slave population that wasn't upgraded until adulthood.