Borg Origin...

Tenebrae

Yeah, it's quite interesting actually. I've always heard 'Vyger' (Or however it's spelt) was the origin of the Borg, but i've never understood it, or even knew where it came from.

Star Trek Legacy (Who had this story in it) was actually quite a good game, and although it didn't fit with the canon trek, it still had a great story, despite the fact a Vulcan took over the collective :P

Yeah, it's quite interesting actually. I've always heard 'Vyger' (Or however it's spelt) was the origin of the Borg, but i've never understood it, or even knew where it came from.

I've also heard that one before. It would be interesting if a future movie or series tied V'Ger and the Borg together. And it would be even more interesting to meet V'Ger's creators (the race of living machines or whatever).

The only prob with that theory is that Enterprise episode with those Borgs, but I guess some time travel could explain that (like in First Contact). ;D

I think Shatner was always into the logical idea of suggesting a link between the borg and V'ger, yet  most canonical writers want to avoid any return to the mythos of the first film as it is commonly regarded as a stinking pile of droppings. Shame maybe.

gjnave - do you have Star Trek: Legacy?

It's basically a small video (Or slide show really) that was made for Legacy which shows how a Vulcan discovered the Borg, how she thought they were created, and how she sought to take over the collective.

Humans created a Borg by proxy. Damn you humans. Why did you create voyager. NOOOOOO!!!!!! :P

Well I played this game. I only got to one certain level that involves flying a cloakable ship. But anyways I thought it was interesting that the borg did originate because of humans.

That's really taking the "Shatner Effect" that "How William Shatner Changed The World" Espoused, rather too far.

Given that the point is oft made that the Borg were essentially nanotech enhanced Cybermen, it seems unfair to give Trek credit. Especially as earlier incarnations of cybermen were more human... and they often converted people into cybermen.

• 3 weeks later...