BBC to hear open source concerns

Ulysses

it'll have drm behind it :( that means no doubt having to download ads onto ya pc that could cause it to crash as well as you not being able to burn the program onto a disk so you can watch it on ya tv :( its great they are trying to make this cross platform but tbh there is already a cross platform solution its called downloading a torrent of it and you are free to do whatever you wish with the material afterwards  :grr: >:(

it'll have drm behind it :( that means no doubt having to download ads onto ya pc that could cause it to crash as well as you not being able to burn the program onto a disk so you can watch it on ya tv :( its great they are trying to make this cross platform but tbh there is already a cross platform solution its called downloading a torrent of it and you are free to do whatever you wish with the material afterwards  :grr: >:(

lol true but one is legal and the other is illegal, also the speeds can vary from nothing upwards on a torrent

• 6 months later...

I think the solution is to simply put the material on youtube or google video. That way the company can make money with every view of the video. It'll be like tv, but simpler. Google makes money, the company makes money, the viewer gets to watch his stuff without commercials...

Everyone wins! or do they? If I'm wrong please say so.

I think the solution is to simply put the material on youtube or google video. That way the company can make money with every view of the video. It'll be like tv, but simpler. Google makes money, the company makes money, the viewer gets to watch his stuff without commercials...

Everyone wins! or do they? If I'm wrong please say so.

Sounds like a decent idea to me.

• 2 weeks later...

With no commercials it will be a much better viewing experience. Bill Gates keeps talking about integrating the internet with home appliances like the tv set. If done this way with youtube we could really change our viewing experience, and get rid of those horrible commercials. Some of them are just dreadful.