Space Suits, are form-fitting suits sexier? better? just cool?

Amnot Borg

color ???

sorry to be a bore but white/silver is the only way... less they build better insulators, they have reflect most of the heat in the sun, and keep in body heat in the shade.. lol :)

really if your looking for a color that will stand out in space, how about a floral pattern, perhaps some funky crochet to cover the helmet. ???

celebrities, celebrities!!!

baa, chuck em in the nearest air-lock!!! i'd say....

ain't that the whole point of leaving the planet...

filter out the riff-raff...lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off-topic, but you keep referencing "Hofstadter's Law", this law is just about as much of a law as "Murphy's Law", so no "Law" at all... For some tasks, one can very correctly estimate the time to completion, for others it's more intelligent guessing, in any case, this law does not give any evidence whatsoever that it would take longer than 10 years to complete this project, note that it is easily possible to have a convergion in the timeline so that it will never actually exceed 10 years, even infinitely taking into account this self-referencing law. ;)

(in effect what it boils down to is that it's (or would be) impossible to completely accurately estimate the time to completion of a project, even though you can easily estimate a time when it will definately be done in most project cases)

Enough philosophical talk though. :D

HUH? did I miss something? That hurt my brain!

If I ever have to live on a space station, I will make sure the following signs and flyers are distributed:

"Cults Are Bad!"

"Drugs Are Bad(unless they're synthetic and distributed by a contorted government system that makes about as much sense as a raccoon singing The Crazy Frog Song in a blender)"

and

"Silver Space Suits Do Not Equal Singing Skill! For The Sake Of Others, Keep Family Entertainment Acts In Space To Yourself!"

lol I'd also have signs saying

"matching his and her spacesuit wearers this way -->" (AIR-LOCK)

"You don't have to wear a spacesuit to work here but it helps"

and

"Please dispose of used spacesuits in a responsible way, bodily fluids can offend"

I don't see why they'd have to have a still suit function if you return to base every time you have to urinate. I mean, people wouldn't have to live in those suits like they did in Dune, would they? And if they're going to Mars, they could possibly get water from sources already present. Maybe.

(The above paragraph was not based on any scientific research, knowledge, or "book-learnin".)

i would like to think that if you are in a spaceship you don't need to wear a space suit and jeans/t-shirt would be alright but for activities with no atmosphere then you would need a suit (obviously lol).

mars is a massive planet and the polar ice caps are small so unless you lived in the ridiculously cold polar extremities accessing the water would be a huge problem. it would be possible however to create water, this would be absolutely necessary if your ship had vegetative food sources.

^^ amen to google and all who sail/surf on her/it, silver spacesuits would lead us to this kind of future

liscolor.JPG

i prefer the space hippie future lol

Space 1999 - 1x05[(028707)20-22-38].JPG

(yes that is Christopher Lee)

arrrh space 1999 i actually remember this episode as they where travellers trying to get to earth as well, and the commisioner cheated to get a place on the ship that was going to earth but he ended up losing big time..

yeah lol the life support was calibrated for the doctors life signs and he woke up a few hours into the 75 year journey back to earth in a box with no food lol great episode indeed and the end of the commissioner :) koenig had to turn of the sound lol the commissioner was going crazy screaming... as ya would i spose :)