Which has been the best series since the return of Dr Who

Ulysses

Arrrh now this was a tough call between series one and series two (sorry thought series three was the poorest out of the three).

Series one has some reall good episodes such as doctor dances, dalek, bad wolf, unquiet dead and parting with ways, series two also had some classsic good eposides like girl in the fire place and the 2 parter impossible planet but I still feel series one was the strongest by far.

• 3 weeks later...

Such a tricky decision.

I'm going for season 1. The Bad Wolf story was so cool!

Closely followed by season 2's awesome ending.

For me Series 3 was the worst, as there where afew episodes which I think where a let down, such as Daleks in manhatton, the master story and the really aweful peter kay episode, for me the highlight of series 3 was Blink which was brilliantly done.

Series 2, was much better with the girl in the fireplace, satans pit, impossible planet and the great war cybermen v daleks with a really touching moment right at the end with rose leaving.

Series 1, all credit to CE for doing his part to anchor the new show with great episodes like doctor dances, the unquiet dead, dalek, parting of ways, bad wolf (love the big brother and weakest line cross over!!).

I would rate the series like this, both CE and DT have done great jobs reprising as the doctor so my rating of series is no reflection of the acting by both doctors.

Best.. Series 1

2nd..  Series 2

3rd..  Series 3

• 2 months later...

all 3 had good and bad moments but season three had the return of the Master..... ;)

Dunno I did enjoy the master episodes but I thought that the return of the daleks and the cybermen more enjoyable to watch. 

But in all three seasons there have been some cracking stories and out of all the really good episodes its bloody hard to single one out as being the best of all of them.....the peter kay one (sorry i got the worng season with that) has my vote for the worst!

I preferred season "1" - Chris was far move consistent a Doctor than Mr bi-polar disorder.

With the exception of Blink in Season 3 which I though was the most cleverly done of all the Who episodes of the new run so far (but didn't feature the Doctor as a main character).

I think I dislike David's portrayal of the Doctor, particularly when he gets 'angry'. He voice goes funny or he puts on a menacing gaze and broods for a few minutes. That and some fairly bog-standard plots or blatent rip-offs (42 anyone?). Puts me off a bit.

Hopefully when Moffat takes the reins (and RTD burns Torchwood into the ground) I might warm to him but not right now.

Hopefully when Moffat takes the reins ...

I assume this is a bit of wishing and hoping on your part? :thinking:

Or did I miss a major bit of news?

Edit:

I found this story on the SciFi Wire that hints around this subject near the end:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=42470

When asked if he might be the one to take over should Davies leave the show, Moffat appeared slightly uncomfortable. "Next question," he answered after a long pause. "There's a lot of things to think about there."

Hopefully when Moffat takes the reins ...

I assume this is a bit of wishing and hoping on your part? :thinking:

Or did I miss a major bit of news?

Edit:

I found this story on the SciFi Wire that hints around this subject near the end:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=42470

When asked if he might be the one to take over should Davies leave the show, Moffat appeared slightly uncomfortable. "Next question," he answered after a long pause. "There's a lot of things to think about there."

He's more the odds-on favourite at this point since he's already so heavily involved.

I think it's one of those things they're still working on the best way to say it or that they haven't agreed anything firmly yet (contract wise).