Heroes 2x08 [Four Months Ago]

Amnot Borg

This is the UNofficial discussion thread for 2x08 - Four Months Ago

(Spoilers Within!)... since no one created it in time  :P

you are welcome to post your theories and ideas.

Please use the spoiler tag where appropriate when discussing future episode content.[br]Posted on: November 13, 2007, 03:43:27 AM

ahhh, this fills in so many blank spots that have been driving us nuts. so, Jessica is gone but another personality has developed. Nikki has problems. Elle is after Peter for jilting her? lol. shockwoman is psycho. Nathan really did have severe burns. no wonder he imagines himself still looking like that every so often. man, their mom is a beeyotch.

What a great episode. When I saw it was set in the past, I wasn't so sure how good it would be. Well I quickly changed my mind. It was exciting seeing what happened to Peter, and even how his brother healed.

I found DL's death a bit odd. He just sort of "died", but it would have been better had he died at the end of season 1.

Still, very good and getting better and better. :)

Yeah, this episode focused on the Petrelli side of things. Do you think Peter was/is/will be responsible for sending Adam to distant past Japan, or he is some sort of Highlander-type, living through the ages etc.? The cheerleader must be related to him somehow.

I didn't like what happened to DL either. Quite pointless. As TFMF said, if the writers were going to kill the guy anyway, season 1's finale would be preferable. The Maya storyline added nothing new. It just confirmed her brother is a moron. Despite that, it was an excellent episode.

PS - Shockwoman is hot, but annoyiiing. :D

The death of DL was so sudden and ordinary that it makes me wonder if it's a red herring of some kind. although, sadly, ordinary people do die suddenly and without any special reason. :(

Perhaps from the equally possible red herring of a certain illusionist maker; it seemed strange to me that DL's 'killer' ended up at the bottom of the staircase ahead of them when he got left behind upstairs.

It was okay (not excellent but very good), filled in a lot of gaps but felt a bit rushed for Peter's bit and slow for Maya's parts. Not even one scene with Hiro and still confusing about the crate (it was listed for iPods, wasn't it? So where were they or was that part of another yet-to-be explained plot?

The reason for no Hiro in this episode is that he traveled 330 years into the past. He didn't even exist in the present timeline "four months ago"!

Ah, didn't think of that. Was thinking too linearly after the previous episode and his return with Ando telling him about his father.

The crate WAS for smuggling Adam and Peter (or at least Peter) away... so it probably would be better to say it was shipping something relatively lightweight like 'iPods' rather than be honest and say 'human(s)'.

As for DL... well, it sort of underlines the fact that these people may have powers, but they're still human.  DL was probably too surprised to phase, and it's too late after the damage is already done.  It does explain how Niki got so trusting of the Company and Bob, though.

Given what Adam said, it's pretty obvious he's four hundred years old.  His power could possibly be quite a lot different from Claire's.  Somehow I doubt a few drops of HER blood would totally regenerate some (relatively) average Joe. ^^

Given what Adam said, it's pretty obvious he's four hundred years old.  His power could possibly be quite a lot different from Claire's.  Somehow I doubt a few drops of HER blood would totally regenerate some (relatively) average Joe. ^^

maybe, maybe not, if they are trying to find a cure for the virus in Claire's blood, it makes me wonder why they didn't use Adam's super healing blood since he was a prisoner once and they undoubtedly took samples. with him on-the-run, maybe they want Claire's blood as a second choice?

Loved the episode, but I dunno, I think that DL's death was kind of... too ordinary, like they were really stressing the point or something? Maybe I'm just looking at it too hard, but you never know!

As for Claire's blood vs. Adam's blood, as we've seen powers can grow with age, so maybe Claire's power is exactly the same as Adam's, just not yet fully formed (And hence, not able to stop ageing/cure others, yet).