Stargate Atlantis 4x08 [The Seer]

Tablet

atl408copynj6.jpg

Discuss the latest episode of Atlantis [4x08 - The Seer]

You can also vote on how good you thought the episode was however you should only vote if you have seen this episode.

This thread may contain spoilers, so don't read any further unless you have watched the episode or if you are comfortable seeing what the episode is about.

Before the episode airs or before you have seen the episode, you can also use this thread to discuss rumours, spoilers and your hopes for what this episode will be about.

[spoiler=Brief synopsis]While searching for the Athosians, the team meets a man with extraordinary prophetic abilities, who gives them a dark prediction about Atlantis's future.

<<< Episode 4x07 Discussion

Old "friends' come home again. I liked it. The replicators are now destroying human worlds to remove food sources for the Wraith. Why didn't we think of them trying that. It removes 2 annoyances for the Replicators at once. We keep thinking humans are somehow safe and we are always wrong. 3 planets and a total population of 150K? wow, either people don't stay on one planet long in Pegasus or they get culled so often it's a wonder they can survive to have any civilization.

A very good ep. I think what let this episode down slightly was that it felt like it was building up to somthing, but in the end, that was for a later episode.

It was nice seeing that Wraith again, and it was difficult to tell which side he was on (Even now). I guess we'll be seeing more of him in the later eps. So overall, it was a good episode, and knowing that Atlantis is going to be smashed up Voyager style sometime soon is very exciting. :D

Very Good, nice to see Sam again as well as Woolsy, story was a little more deeper than we've had recently with multiple storylines running at the same time, I wonder though why he didnt just ascend if he was already part the way there.....dan jackson did (almost twice) anyway im suprised no one noticed how agitated Teyla was in the meeting at the start.

...... and knowing that Atlantis is going to be smashed up Voyager style sometime soon is very exciting. :D

An you know how much i love voyager destructo-scenes with pretty CGI and snow and bits flying everywhere......i need to make a thread

150k for the population of 3 worlds DID seem very small, and whilst I realise that the Wraith cull the worlds, surely its not to such a small number that they risk the worlds dying out?

As to the Seer ascending, he'd only do that if he was prepared to.

You can sustain a viable society with as little as 2000 people without the problems inherent in inbreeding.  Also, until very recently in human history, population numbers were less than a billion people worldwide. In the Stargate Universe where humans have colonized at least two galaxies, their societies are almost always primitive and are centered in close proximity to the gate from which they originated. Their populations would continue to remain small until a more advanced level of technology and medicine are reached.