Voyagers 'Finest Moments'

Tablet

Much wooping went on in my house when Voyager landed.

Voyager landed because its cool and its a TV show. The end.

Right you are! Seems too many people on this forum forget that it's science "fiction" and not science "non-fiction". At best, tv is escapism. Try to enjoy it for what it is.

Mmmm. I like watching Voyager blow up, but TimeLess is probably one of the best Voyager stories out there, and indeed, it is a great story. In fact, the only bad stories listed above are Course: Oblivion (depression overload), and Relativity, which was still an ok story.

I get negative with Voyager when one of two things happen:

1. I talk to Tenebrae.

2. I think of Course: Oblivion

Voyager's a good show, it just had its weaknesses, like any show, really.

Ah, nothing beats national stereotypes, eh? And no.

And I imagine that not being a hormonal teen means that when I think of Voyager, there are quite a few things that come to mind before Jeri Ryan in her catsuit. But anyway... yes - she went on the record and said that it was all artful padding, pushing etc. So why people must insist that it was Jeri Ryan unassisted is beyond me.

Not a sterotype, but rather a joke I stole from the only Iranian comedian in the world.

Its a shame there were no Jerry Ryan corsets for sale in that Star Trek Props auction. They would of made more money than anything else put together.

• 1 month later...

I voted for year of hell. I thought it was such a great episode. It had splendid acting by all actors and the story progressed very well. It put voyager on the map for some people back then I'm sure because really, when did we see such trek action before? Voyager getting more and more damaged and Janeway's similar course thoughout the episode as everything she commanded fell apart due to overwhelming odds. In this episode the vulnerability of a lone starfleet ship lost on the other side of the galaxy was truely shown with full reality.

Could the episode have ended any other way with Voyager getting smashed to pieces? Could Voyager have limped on in its tattered form prior to the last confrontation? This episode raised big questions about the whole lost in the delta quadrant thing and how a single ship could possibly have survived such a conflict, and what it would do in the aftermath.

I think the only time they've actually done that is in Enterprise... of course, with everyone else - they could just stop at a Starbase for a fresh lick of paint... Enterprise did what Voyager never had and essentially had Archer in a situation where he had to put the welfare of his own crew and ship ahead of some other people. Whereas half of Voyager could be destroyed one week and next week, it's fine... no need to worry.

Of course, that was pretty much borne of the "fire and forget" strategy Voyager used.

If I were forced to pick one from the list, it would be Relativity.

But since none of the mentioned episodes is outstandingly good (albeit some are mindless fun), I might as well name my own favorite. I am thinking of Counterpart with its use of music and the whole concept of protagonist and antagonist constantly outsmarting each other. Although somewhat simple, it's certainly more educated and clever than plotless waste like Tsunkatse or Muse.

They did a lot of episodes like that. Janeway must have been running a slave ship or something, forcing them to make sure the ship was in perfect condition in time for the next episode.

Janeway - slave master.

Yeah, that's a major flaw with Voyager. Some recurring damage here and there would have been nice. Other than Janeway's hair, that is.

Borg nanites with increased efficiency on every Jeffrey's tube and over all the ship's hull repairing it? perhaps? also nanites for hair dress, it's amazing how never they fly away during an attack, no one crash with the roof of the bridge or with the main viewscreen, screaming noo da  hell! why meh! cursing a lil  lol :D.

By the way and don't get me wrong about this (is not my will to seriosly harm anyone´s patriotic susceptibility of any group or individuals reading this, active christianism-catholicism must be concerned with comments like this, that take place in some moment, because they remember to us our humanity). I still remember watching that guy from 9/11  attack jumping form the building(poor guy he was there at the right(wrong for us) moment, like that guy of the female tiger, death dating is arranged by the Archons of Fate, that's is what I believe Powerful Saturnine Angels and death angels cutting the silver cord, both just doing their jobs, my prays for that souls no matter who they were and also for those civilian families in Iraq that were bombarded in the name of freedom...the beast is as St. Jhohaness the cabalyst disciple of Christ describes it:"...in great manner abominable" (meaning this perverse race bestiality not just various perverse countries but as the whole world inhabitants, why voting for even more bestiality in Iran? Abdica caput maxima bestia!, bestia qui est et non est, tempus tuum inscripto et contati est...)

Anyway that doesn't make it less freaking astonishing, I only had looked things like that in die hard movies. Times were when ST episodes got to this dramatic point, and if you were watching you didn't want to leave your sofa, not even when commercials paused the action. :)

I never considered the effects of the borg enhanced systems introduced in 'scorpion'. However it can be said that Voyager suffered considerable damage in seasons 1-3 and the ship still looked perfect in the next episode. Perhaps this was the only story-telling they could come up with on VOY.

'oh no what story will we do this week?'

'Same story we do every week, Voyager gets pummeled, Voyager never got pummeled, next episode!'

I pity the writers who tried to pitch good stories to Berman and the gang only to be shot down for not following the most dull and boring plot devices.

'shoot that cube ensign!'

'incredibly powerful borg cube destroyed instantly captain! What do we do for the rest of the episode?'

'listen to the doctor talk about human anatomy?'

'uhhh.....'

'no that's not boring enough. We'll listen to the doctor's opera.'

Star trek fans around the world fall asleep at the television every week for seven years... Voyager, what was that? a minivan?

Then came Enterprise. Now J. J.'s version of star trek...

• 2 months later...

Did anyone noticed how the most careless Starfleet ever got was putting Picard in charge of the Enterprise-D? How many ships blew up because of him and how many wrecks did he beam people onto? The Enterprise blew up more times than Voyager.

"Time Squared": A whirly thing blows up the Enterprise and Picard escapes through time and  goes batsh*t.

"Yesterday's Enterprise": A whirly thing shows up and a ratty old Enterprise gets pooped out and some Klingons attack and Riker gets his face ripped from an exploding console (which is somehow still functional?). Picard shows off to the dead bridge crew by vaulting over the console to firing off a final few shots at the Klingons while the band begins to play. "Catch me Jack!"

"Remember Me": The good doctor, whose actress wasn't pleased with her pea-whistle screen time, is trapped in a whirly thing that looks just like the universe, only stuff keeps disappearing. My golden moment was when Doc asks the computer what the shaking was, and the computer replies, "Explosive decompression of the forward section." "Cause?" asks the doctor. The computer responds the only way it knows how, since nothing can exist outside the universe, and the Enterprise was suddenly too big for it. "A flaw in the ship's design."

"Cause and Effect": The Enterprise breaks down in a rough neighbourhood. A gangbanger busts out in his jalopy... wait. An antiquated starship busts out. And by Busts Out, I mean emerges from a temporal whirly thing, and caps the foo's on the Enterprise by slamming into the warp nacelle...? A bit weird, but hey, if you sit through the whole episode, you're treated to Frasier Crane captaining the jalopy starship. "I couldn't help it, Niles was at the helm!" "Oh, blame someone else."

"Parallels": Worf goes to a batleth tournament and wins a free trip to alternate dimensions! His all-inclusive stay included random transfers to new accomodations, two kids and a wife and then Riker blows up a version of himself who looked like a hobo. Man - that was a HUGE beard. Worf was like, hell with this, I'm going to Minsk, and he goes back through the whirly thing to his own universe.

"All Good Things..." Q decides to screw with Picard ONE LAST TIME. Not only did Q make him look like an idiot, but proved that one man can make a difference. That is, if you're trying to blow up the universe. Naturally, Picard gets served, managing to blow up the Enterprise inside the backwards-in-time whirly thing, not once, not twice, but oh yes, THREE TIMES! That's what series finale budgets are for. "F**k it. It's not like we're going to make a movie or anything. PSYCHE!"

Star Trek: Generations: The curtain comes down on 80s design. A bunch of ugly, dumb Klingons outsmart Starfleet, for some reason. They blast a few holes in the Enterprise and there's yet another whirly thing that they managed to fit in there somewhere. And Shatner gets to kick someone's ass again - just one last time. Picard manages to get him killed too. Enterprise gets wrecked, but only after wasting the Klingons - isn't it nice how everything wraps up so nicely? Then Guinan does some stuff too. And everything is back to normal.

I think we need to rename this thread.