The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy

BlackMage

The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy

Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor.

Together this dynamic pair begin a journey through space aided by quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide ("A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have") and a galaxy-full of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox--the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian, Zaphod's girlfriend (formally Tricia McMillan), whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student who is obsessed with the disappearance of all the ballpoint pens he bought over the years.

Where are these pens? Why are we born? Why do we die? Why do we spend so much time between wearing digital watches? For all the answers stick your thumb to the stars. And don't forget to bring a towel!

"[A] WHIMSICAL ODYSSEY...Characters frolic through the galaxy with infectious joy."

--Publishers Weekly

so any fans out there??

i posted a torrent with the original radio serie, the new radio serie, and the original tvshow, up on the main page

so if any one is interested!

just one warning! the tv show is ooollddd and i onyl recommend it to people who read the book and are willing to have there fantasy of he book broken :P

on May there will be a new movie about The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy , i just hope te hollywood wont screw up the english jokes...

Loved the books.

Probably should try them in english some day. Read them in swedish. I know for sure that "The Ring" is a totally different story in english since a lot gets lost in translation. The same must apply here

I love the Guide, I first read the books when I was about 9 years old, still can't get enough of them. The TV series wasn't that terrible, I still enjoyed them and I think the casting was great. I'm also looking forward to the movie even though i'm sure their gonna screw it up! I mean Mos Def as Ford Prefect? sounds crazy but it might work, It might work really well infact. I'm gonna try and keep an open mind but I'm not counting on an amzing interpretation.

we will have to wait and see :(

well what i didn't like about the tv show was.. well... the actor who played Ford Prefect.... he made Ford totlay diffrent!!!

aaahh i wanted to kill him after i saw it :P

a well the movie will come out May 6 2005

so we will just have to wait and see if it will be any good :(

but like you uberdave i also think it will be, like alot of other book to movies filming

a screw up :(

loved the books

hated the brittish tv series made me wanna puke anyway :)

hopefully this movie will be something but be warned if you have read the boom you prob will be dissipointed.

so i will see it without any premise that it will be good.

and hopefully i will be rewarded with some good stuff :) B)

just wanted to remind everyone, don't forget to bring a towel. Can't wait for the film. Not sure if any of you are The Office fans, but Martin Freeman, Tim from The Office, is playing Arthur Dent. I think that is perfect and can't think of anyone better for the part.

Read the first book in 1979 when it came out-I was a senior in high school. (yeah, I know, I'm an old fart) I snapped up every new book as it came out, including The Salmon Of Doubt. I learned new ways to curse while playing the Infocom game on my Commodore 64. I loved the radio series. I suffered through the TV series, since that's all there was at the time. I wept when Douglas Adams died in 2001. I cheered when I learned a celestial object has been named for him. I hope the new movie does DNA's memory justice.

Oh yes The guide...the are one of my favorite books, i really hope the new cinema movie don,t botches...the trailer really has no image or nothing its more a teaser but well...i will go to cinema to see it, one can hope the director has made a good adaptation! :D

Ah, and for this and other post of mine, sorry for my english, iam spanish and i try hard to not write too bad... :)

Loved the books.

Probably should try them in english some day. Read them in swedish. I know for sure that "The Ring" is a totally different story in english since a lot gets lost in translation. The same must apply here

They used a bablefish for the translation

• 1 month later...

I loved the books. The TV series was very good. It had the right mix of cheesieness (Zaphod's second head) and a lack of pretense to make it very funny. My favorite was the original radio series. I thought the sound effects really put it over the top.