Sleeping patterns...

TFMF

Well, it's safe to say, my sleeping pattens have gone completely out the window lately. I mean, look at me. It's 8am and I haven't gone to bed yet.

So, how bad are your sleeping patterns? Are you able to wake up IN THE MORNING? Or are you like me, and prefer having your breakfast at dinner time, and going to sleep at sunrise.

Noone sleeping like you TFMF... :D

Insomnia is sometimes the reason of lack of sexual life. :P

But to be serious...

If your body simply got accustomed to laying down lately, it can be dangerous at a long term.

If you feel frustrated or excited about something, or you are waiting for some event to happen, that can cause insomnia too. Even I had such problems. I was waiting for some movie I think... I was so excited, I could not sleep normally.

Anyway, when you find the cause, you will be halfway on the road of full recovery...

I used to be like TFMF where I used to stay up all night mostly messing about on the PC i.e gaming online or messing about in chat rooms when I was on leave (I used to get six weeks off at a time), trouble is my sleep pattern was always screwed up and didnt wake up until 1pm.

Since I started working back in the UK this stopped as it would of impacted on my work, now i am reformed and normally in bed by 10pm.

To be honest I dont think it was good for me as I think I let my pc take over my life at that time and computers can be very addictive, you normally need something more important to come along to halt this type behaviour i.e work or the G/F

TFMF

this is sooo bad for you

you need to adapt normal sleeping times

i woke up just before you went to bed

you need to start going to bed at 1 in the morning and then sleep not getting up even if you can't sleep

and then like then get up at 12

that might just solve your sleeping problems  if you keep doing it

yh i always seem to not sleep whenever there is somethin important the next day.

eg. the nite b4 the first day back @ skool 4 me I didnt fall asleep till gone 2am and had 2 get up at 7

:-[ then i still went to bed at 12 the next day. i was soooooooooo tired

:-[

I routinely go to bed at midnight-1am and wake anywhere from 6 to 8 in the morning. Usually 7-ish, but often the kids wake me at 6. I never sleep straight through and usually run to the bathroom at least twice during the night. I then take another hour long nap in the afternoon around 2 or 3. Frankly, I don't know how I'm able to survive.

I've had a strange internal clock most of my life. I was up nights when I was small and it continues today. My preferred hours of being up are until 3AM or later. Between 3-6, I'm drowsy and tired but then I can perk up again after the sun rises if I eat something. BUT, generally mornings are my rest time. I sleep unless I have something that requires me to be awake. Errands, appointments, IT classes a few years back at 8AM, yuck. I'd barely be awake to learn how to add users to different groups in Microsoft and change settings. Good thing, it was laid out in the book exactly what to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That would explain the heavy sleeping. I've had some all-nighters too. Boy did I ever fall asleep those days. Went out like a flash of light. Didn't wake up till late late in the afternoon. Had supper, and second supper like the hobbits in Lord of the Rings.

I been up for more than a day straight to as long as 3 days, and I've been up within a couple hours and 24 hours later.

Really depends on what I've got to do the next day.  ;)

But as I said in a previous post: The way I look at it, you're alloted a certain amount of waking and sleeping hours in life, and I want to use as many of the waking hours as possible while I'm still young, I can sleep when I'm old(er).

• 3 weeks later...