your favorite Star Trek computer game

bbbb

This has probably been done here on the forum more than once, but rather than revive an old topic I am making a new one.

There have been many star trek computer games made over the last few decades. The oldest probably dates from the 1970s. There have been many genres of star trek computer games over the years but many of them have either faded from memory or were simply unpopular computer games that failed financially. As we all know there have been very few trek games made over the last few years. Regardless of this many trek games have been and remain solid titles that offer great gameplay even though they have faded from recent memory.

What was your favorite Star Trek computer game?

I never played that one. Does it have a good techtree?

The Fallen was a good game but for some reason I felt it was harder than Elite Force. I loved the music for the Fallen though, and playing as Worf was a lot of fun. Sisko was ok, and Kira had a different phaser, which was a nice change from the regular starfleet issue.

A very difficult choice. I'd have to say either Star Trek Bridge Commander, Elite Force 2, or Armada 2 (Which I can destroy Tablet at :p).

Lol TFMF beat me at Armada 2 as I recall the current Score is 2-0 to me, an dyou have excuse in loosing to me in the last game we both played as the cardassians!

Anyway my favourite Trek game........hmmmm..........yes i am actually thinking about it as im typing......well i do like Armada 2, and Elite force 1, wasnt amused by elite force 2 dragged on too much, I LOVE Klingon Academy though some people find the VOS complicated, i dont. Erm oh yeah bridge commander online of course with all the mods. haha the 25th anniversary and Judgement rights point and click games are awesome. that really old DOS one wehre you have to warp around and destroy the klingons was fun. Generations was a pain, Birth of the federation is an amazing game too though when you have a battle squence with like 200+ ships it takes a while to load. What else, wasnt a fan much of starfleet command 3, i prefer orion pirates, oh yeah ship builder, waste of time. Star trek new worlds was a good idea though it doesnt even scrape armada.

• 2 weeks later...

that really old DOS one wehre you have to warp around and destroy the klingons was fun.

O'Yea, I remember that one. B)

I had fun with that one in the day also. :)

Was that EGA Trek?

I do believe it was.  :thinking:

Indeed it was, such a great game even though its like mega basic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who remembers EGA Trek with its ASCII graphics. It was a simple game but had so many options, and was very authentic before the copyright infringement thing made them take out all the star trek content.

Do you remember being able to take the ship to warp 10? I thought that was so cool, just like on the show. You had to manage ship systems and energy levels. The ship could travel at impulse, warp or even warp inside a system to save time or if the impulse engines were damaged. So many options were available in game. You could even be boarded by klingon raiding parties! It was a game that I felt remains unmatched by today's games. I even learned that it was written in Turbo Pascal.

You can find EGA Trek on the following site in all its versions from 1988 to 1994,

http://www.classicdosgames.com/1988.html

The game is best played with DOSBox. I recommend slowing the program down though so you can see the torpedoes. v2.31 retains authentic star trek action.

I would say my favorite game is Away Team because its possibilities (different moving modes and the viewpoint), or The Fallen because the cool tricorder usage.

I do not really like strategic games, it is really sad that so much strategic game was made to ST compared how few RPGs was made to it, since ST was never about cool spase battles (or at least never to me), rather sbout the story and the shaping of the characters.

• 1 month later...