OpenSource M.U.T.F.E.N. Portable Source? (PC Game) RAD/IDE?

dr_strekge

M.U.T.F.E.N. By Lee Lara 

Open M.U.T.F.E.N] 'Wars' engine IDE?

(for making RPGs/Strategy 'OG' Games like SRW 'OG')

I had an idea after playing SRW 'OG' on my computer, and comparing the M.U.G.E.N. engine and I thought why, instead of having to program games for consoles  we just modify the M.U.T.F.E.N. engine (Multi Universe or Multiverse Timeline's Fusion Engine) to create a variety of wonderful Strategy/RPGs games like those of Super Robot Wars. If the East make it why here the West can't do the same or improve the whole thing? 🙂

Imagine just adding sequences of video (for the demos) and sound in mp3 like M.U.G.E.N. already does, and tons of little characters with a mixed up plot, maybe SD characters, maybe Star Trek SD (original characters OG contributed and uploaded by users to not have any legal problem, don't think about 'Barbie' wars if your a girl and would like to see Barbie and Bratz doll wars lol, mattel can sue you only for naming it 'barbecue dollz wars'  just because the first 5 letters  'barbe' :). Same goes with many greedy people that possibly may could see these open source original characters (Original Fan art Generation sagas)  created by users around the world as  a violation to  their property, but not if it is original fan art, samples of good original things its mp3 format and p2p original protocol napster, but i. e.: I decide that i want to make my own Original Game with original OST and clips and assemble it into the 'MUTFEN WARS' engine. (A GPL or some license that fits properly to let the gamers and programmers to freely add characters and features as plugins until perfectioning a great computer engine that will have in the end nothing to envy to their console games counterparts).

As I was saying I have my own game or homebrew characters, then I have given animated moves (an easy way to do this for dummy/casual gamer or not programmers will be a set of rules  for the standard character images sizes/depth, and an easy character drawing/builder for the user developer of the games, an IDE for character and movements, one that enables the user to do at the end little video clips for the demos, and easy adding of sound clips, like a storyboard program, and also backgrounds or wallpapers for interlude between stages/plot story and finally a stage/scenarios builder and you have it all man, to create wonderful M.U.T.F.E.N. Strategy 'Wars' games, the 'M.U.T.F.E.N. WARS IDE' has to have also an open source kind of  "Delphi" transcoder to easy port the resulting source that assembles the history with your sounds and clips, and all to .pas or .cpp to other platforms, but the simple C++ sub routines that join the story with the gameplay would be the main thing here, also the up-loaders or submitters could upload also entire 'expansion pack' or chapters, including a plot or sequel story to the ones they most enjoyed, but review and adapted in the official release with the major highlights but leaving the original as and option that can be played as a different timeline of events/plot).

All these takes us to starting a project on Sourge Forge or something. I was thinking that if I only had such MUTFEN Wars chars IDE, anyway here some examples of games that could be created (with original characters by fans [fan-art] chars).

-All times's SF Series/Movies Characters animated 'wars' game

-All times's LOTR Wars(including many characters from other movies of  the genre)

-Famous/Celeb/Sport Celeb Anime (Multi Universe Timeline's Fusion is an alternate acronym to not imply wars when it's not needed)

-Mario/Wario Wars

-M.AM.E.(Multi Arcade chars Wars)

-etcetera, etc.-

And just about any old and new anime/(or not animated if you want) sorted and mixed according to similar type of series/chars you could think of.

Just remember your game will really suck if you remove the fun from it when making it too realistic with an engine not designed to do such thing, simple old skool 2D for the demos and basic 3d for the map/stage designer. I think it hasn't to be so hard these days to generate a code and a RAD gaming engine that can do that simple things of sorting a story/creating chars with a map builder (1 mountain here, 3 trees there, 1 sun here, 2 planets there if it's in the space, many add-ons for different environments could be user contributed, mountains, desert, space, guns, magic, powers, shoots, blasts, and combos that should be customized in color and dimension and how many secs also, that would be creating one of the best super RPGs/Strategy engines)

2d objects(shoots) builder for the demo 'on' playing mode, and an easy  translator for the engine story/plot system,not over bloated of useless menus/screens for the game, just the ones the game needs like the, that goes for the IDE too, simple, fast, pretty and friendly to both users/developers/ gaming interface to develop Multiverse Fusion RPGs/Strategy games(advanced or crazy gamer interface to tweak could be a 'switch to' option, also custom skins and plugins(sort kind of game genie or 'mutfengenie' :)). If you are a developer just don't make it awful to the user making it impossible or too long to learn, it has to be something simple and easy to use, that any user within a few hours (2 or 3) have chars for the game ready to include/play with (even a feature for creating an avatar of one self and being able to use it should be included, music and voices joiner /splitter audio plug-in would be nice when translating char voices/music, why have to listen it in Japanese or Swedish for example if we could hear it in other languages? :))

Last but not least M.U.T.F.E.N. in that specific term results my idea, so I could say that it belongs to me, and I'll be legally correct, and thus being so that anyone else  can make other quite similar or different thing using that other name, my author rights are only important when I think this could lead to someone making  games and selling them to make a fortune using my ideas and abusing the pocket of the pc gamer in ported console versions. So if you are a open source game programmer and want to use the M.U.T.F.E.N. name  ask me at least because I really don't want to be indirectly forced to pay for my own idea after  I give it freely to the open source community , that's what I mean 😉 you can e-mail me or send me a pm here if your a greedy game making company too. 😛 and found so useful and profitable my concept, am inn  :cyclops: you can count on that  greedy part >:D, 😉 😛 but there has to exist the open source part as well, only to be sure no one is gonna take "by force" unnecessary cash from your pockets.;D Read at the end of this post for further legal status and blah blah of the legal stuff that it involves.

M.U.T.F.E.N. by Lee Lara Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved.-

'Open  M.U.T.F.E.N.' is declared as  an "open source concept" for RPGs/Strategy games development RAD/IDE/Engine. I Lee Lara as the former author of this concept I declare it: I'm giving from this date and post time the whole  'Open M.U.T.F.E.N.' source concept 'AS IS' presented here to the E.F.F. (Electronic Frontier Foundation), for any legal instances that posibbly this concept may found someday and it's realesed freely and for the good of the open source game developers and user comunity around the world. License(s) permission for non-commercial use to independent open source developers  using the  concept. M.U.T.F.E.N. Patent is pending. Any other use of this concept is misguided  and unwanted, unethical and was not originally intended nor suggested when the author conceived this concept, thus being considered a direct violation of the author's rights, who has been extensive and explicit to protect it from pernicious individuals or groups using it to commit commercial abuses forcing the final (computer game) users  pocket. Use instead Open M.U.T.F.E.N. concept which is the same but only for non commercial developer and game makers, and has being already given to the open source community and is now a legal property of the E.F.F. as Lee Lara  (the author) himself has expressed above.

Related link: (but different: M.U.G.E.N. a 2D fighting engine) [wiki]:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N.[br]Posted on: February 03, 2008, 03:53:36 PM

Hi everybody reading or trying to figure out the idea behind my little typo 🙂

Since this M.U.T.F.E.N post I started an extensive research on S-RPG games and GAME devel, I even have the original srw gb roms and I plan to play them on my Kyocera smartphone. I will be updating this post from time to time with new links and other related info.

Here is a pic of SRW 'OG'2 95 for the gameboy, the main title screen, some super and real robot battle screenshots, the original 'intermission menu' and also a very tiny upgrading unit screen (There was not yet a mute sound option within the game either a demo off mode (A bit annoying after some time, but still a 'must have' for the mobile phone of any SRW fan).

srw1gb.gif 

Now btw there is also a project on sourceforge called [nixishname] 'mufen' (altough am only an amateur game developer, but am still very good surfing the web and finding the clues, to create a similar game, engine  or homebrew hacks, so if you like to program in any language you prefer and want to contribute  some source code,  or util or art content to that end of 'mufen' that is no other than creating a S-RPG editor but oriented more like an scripted based engine or  M.U.G.E.N a not just  fighting clone for creating games like SRWa but with  customized plots chars and effects is welcome  and now officially invited to contrib.

Following  is a 'Power Game Development & Reversing'  and other cool RPG devel general interest links list:

I will be updating this later, you can also add some  if you want, just reply new ones

(Disclaimer:Only intended and presented here for educational purpouses.)   

Utils for game/rom modification

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/mod.html 

SRW??? libcode (asm) and other "face shoe face" gamedev 'talk' stuff

http://www.geocities.com/jmitw/files/

MUGEN no kizuna

http://ring.riken.go.jp/archives/pc/freem/novel/

Reverse Engineering Toolkit (the original not from P2P)

(Im downloading it now, not without trouble from certain place... this link coming soon!)

Index of /tarlah (SRW OG II [ U ] rom for GBA there: "ind-srt2.rar")

http://home.arcor.de/tarlah/

Aldo's tools for PSX

http://www.aldostools.com/memcards.html

PSX iSOZ

http://www.snk-neofighters.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19292

Console Gaming World - PS2 Utilities Index

http://www.megagames.com/ps2/ps2_utils.shtml

Edited by dr_strekge