What is your veiw on calling the cops for doing a crime like underage drinking..

msg4real

What is your veiw on calling the cops for doing a crime like underage heavy drinking and hard likor at that?

I am writing this poll because in my apt complex some one called the cop on kids (9-19 years old) drinking at the steps of the apartments

Do you think the neibors should call them and rat them out or is it there own falt they should do it in there apt/not at all

The police should be called but I wouldnt call them in case I got a brick through my window or some angry parents knocking on my flat door wanting to beat on me.

In the UK we have bands of youths who congregate anywhere and everywhere, smokeing weed and drinking. Hoodies and Charvers on the most part.

The sad thing is old people often live in these apartments and flats and these young people frighten them.

You should call the police.........refuse to give them your name but just tell them that anti-social behaviour is happening on your door step.

It really depends upon whether or not the kids are minding their own business, and how old they are. I'm far more inclined to call the cops if the kids are 9-15 than I would if they were 16 to 20. It's my belief that the drinking age in the US is too high and is one of the many ways our government is promoting irresponsibility and immaturity in youth culture. You're legally considered to be an adult at 18, but how are you expected to behave like one when you aren't treated as such?

Yep, would depend on how much trouble they were causing.

In any case, if they were keeping it down and had a somewhat more reasonable age (say 14+), I'd probably let them do their thing. If they were keeping it down but were below such an age, I'd be more inclined to tell the kids parents (if I knew them), if they didn't' do anything about it, then so be it. It's their offspring going down the drain, so to speak.

If they were causing enough trouble, no doubt about it, I'd make the call and have the authorities take care of the 'problem'. Mind you, I'd do the exact same thing, if the persons causing the trouble were over 30. It's no use getting in a 'discussion' with a drunk bunch yourself, you simply can't 'win' a discussion with a 'drunk' (usually), better do have someone who's paid to maintain order take care of it.

btw, I don't know about anywhere else, but it's illegal in most of Europe to be openly drunk in public, so heavy drinking in public is out of the question anyway and usually very annoying to the neighbourhood too, in such a case you can bet anybody would call the cops, nomatter the age. Just 'taking a sip' is another matter of course. :)

Underage drinking is an issue in many places in the world. Governments need to figure out a way to deal with the problem in an efficient manner.

Public drunkeness is illegal in Europe? Yikes your laws are much more strict than the ones here in North America. The fines for drunkeness must be really high too.

I wonder what it would be like here in North America if we had laws like that?

It really depends upon whether or not the kids are minding their own business, and how old they are. I'm far more inclined to call the cops if the kids are 9-15 than I would if they were 16 to 20. It's my belief that the drinking age in the US is too high and is one of the many ways our government is promoting irresponsibility and immaturity in youth culture. You're legally considered to be an adult at 18, but how are you expected to behave like one when you aren't treated as such?

I hear yah. [br]Posted on: February 11, 2008, 04:55:46 PM

Underage drinking is an issue in many places in the world. Governments need to figure out a way to deal with the problem in an efficient manner.

Public drunkeness is illegal in Europe? Yikes your laws are much more strict than the ones here in North America. The fines for drunkeness must be really high too.

I wonder what it would be like here in North America if we had laws like that?

there are some states and city's where you can't drink within the city streets, and some allow you to drink AND drive (drive thru bar at that)[br]Posted on: February 11, 2008, 04:58:51 PM

story here

Drive thru bars? Wow, where's that?

one example whould be  Avondale Beer Drive Thru located at 3016 Reading Rd in Cincinnati, OH

there arre more

Is this like driving thru a McDonalds and getting a soda-pop or is it a drive-thru party store where you can buy alcohol?

Because we've got drive-thru party stores in our area, but you can't drink a beer or anything while driving away, you can just buy it and take it home.

one example whould be  Avondale Beer Drive Thru located at 3016 Reading Rd in Cincinnati, OH

there arre more

Is this like driving thru a McDonalds and getting a soda-pop or is it a drive-thru party store where you can buy alcohol?

Because we've got drive-thru party stores in our area, but you can't drink a beer or anything while driving away, you can just buy it and take it home.

I think  have heard some you can drink and drive to with the laws changing I don't know whick states sill have them

rember that the people (the state) looses 3% of funding provided by the feeds because they don't have a no "open container law"

• 2 weeks later...

there arre more

That would be shocking if McDonalds started selling alcohol at night!

I am writing this poll because in my apt complex some one called the cop on kids (9-19 years old) drinking at the steps of the apartments

Pretty broad age group. 9 is way too young. I think anything under the age of 14 is too young, to be honest. After that, it's not so bad, but if they were causing trouble (Vandalism, for example - which I can't stand), then I might call the police.

Moved: Mirror Universe

I personally think the legal age for drinking should be increased from 18 to 21 in the UK and I wouldnt think twice about calling the police when a group of teenagers are drinking in public that are causing a disturbance.... lol Ive done it before lol

• 3 months later...

I personally wouldn't call the cops unless they were being rude or unruly and ignored my attempts to get them to go somewhere a little more inconspicuous.  But if I had trouble with this group before I would probably just call right away.  It really depends on a lot of things, I don't like to be a "rat".