any thoughts on election 2008?

bbbb

Hmm, I'm no resident of the US, but I did do some 'election tests', the first time they send me to Obama with 85% or so similar opinions. The second time (that was about 3 months later) they send me to Clinton. I'd clearly be a democrat if I lived in the US.

As for either one of their chances, imo it's pretty clear that neither will be president and the republicans will probably win again. They've already decided (not oficially, but still..) who their candidate will be while the democrats are still in disarray and are even 'sort-of' killing of each others overall chances with their 'somewhat open hostility' towards each other. But even aside from that, one democrat candidate is African-American and the other is female, from what I've experience from overall American culture so far, if they'd have to compete against the current republican candidate, they're pretty sure to lose. I don't think America is that enlightened yet when it comes to their presidents. Am I biased? Maybe... Prove me wrong I'd say, and we'll see in ... December is it? :)

Hmm, I'm no resident of the US, but I did do some 'election tests', the first time they send me to Obama with 85% or so similar opinions. The second time (that was about 3 months later) they send me to Clinton. I'd clearly be a democrat if I lived in the US.

As for either one of their chances, imo it's pretty clear that neither will be president and the republicans will probably win again. They've already decided (not oficially, but still..) who their candidate will be while the democrats are still in disarray and are even 'sort-of' killing of each others overall chances with their 'somewhat open hostility' towards each other. But even aside from that, one democrat candidate is African-American and the other is female, from what I've experience from overall American culture so far, if they'd have to compete against the current republican candidate, they're pretty sure to lose. I don't think America is that enlightened yet when it comes to their presidents. Am I biased? Maybe... Prove me wrong I'd say, and we'll see in ... December is it? :)

November, and I'd have to disagree for the most part. Democrats aren't in disarray, they simply have two candidates that voters are very passionate about. Democrats are extremely motivated in getting the vote out this year, whereas the Republicans aren't. Their candidate, McCain, is still having a hard go at getting the support of their conservative base. I'm sure that when the time comes they'll reluctantly line up behind him, but unless Clinton is the Dem nominee enough of them will probably stay at home to give Obama the win.

• 1 month later...

I'm not very happy with any of the candidates offered to us at this time, or for that matter in my entire voting lifetime, but I sure don't think this country needs another round of Clinton-nomics.

I'll take Clinton-nomics over Bush-nomics any day. Still, there's no way I'm voting for Hillary.

• 1 month later...

I'm not very happy with any of the candidates offered to us at this time, or for that matter in my entire voting lifetime, but I sure don't think this country needs another round of Clinton-nomics.

I'll take Clinton-nomics over Bush-nomics any day. Still, there's no way I'm voting for Hillary.

lol, she lost the dems nomination so maybe you can vote Obama?