your own computer game

bbbb

Have you ever made your own computer game? Which language would you use for a new computer game?

What would you want a new star trek game to be like?

(I know these are development specific questions but I'd be interested in what you think, I'm thinking about making a small, simple one one day)

I do not know anything about game developement, and as a player do not really care about it too. But if I would have the opportunity to make one, I would make an isometric RPG, or rather a 3D one wich would have a viewpoint like isometric RPGs, like Dungeon Siege for example (though it had nothing to do with RPG, it was a simply kill & collect action game).

Its language would be definitely english. If I want it to reach the most ppl around the world, english language is the best choice.

About the only time i ever tried making a game was on my old commodore 64 using basic, but found it far to hard. 

I also remember buying the old commodore user magazines and spending ages typing in the program listings just to find out right at the end it didnt work and having to recheck it.....was quite a headache....I ended up giving up!

I also remember buying the old commodore user magazines and spending ages typing in the program listings just to find out right at the end it didnt work and having to recheck it.....was quite a headache....I ended up giving up!

I remember doing that, but I must have had better luck, I don't remember having any troubles with those. But they never really seemed worth the time put into coding them in. :'(

I've written a couple games for the old C=64, and I wrote a game in Fortran back in school on an old TRS-80 IBM compatible system.

But I'd never attempt it these days, programming never was my thing.